Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Projector screen alternative

B

Bepto

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I like the idea of having a projector & after reading the relevant threads looks like the screen brackets available from the shop are for use with the Duronic BPS 40/43 screen, trouble is it seems like these screens are always out of stock everywhere so I was hoping someone knows of an alternative make or model that can be used & how it can be mounted. I like the duronic solution as the roof doesnt have to be raised to use it.

We just project onto the sliding door window blind. Smaller image admittedly, but means less clutter to carry.

I'm aware some people do this but it gives a grainy image, will be ok as a temporary solution but long term would prefer a dedicated screen.

We had the same issue and waited ages for them to come in stock. They did eventually but while waiting we just used the side screen or the pop top.

I'm aware some people do this but it gives a grainy image, will be ok as a temporary solution but long term would prefer a dedicated screen.
Decent projector will give a good image on the window blind. We have the cheapest Nebula, as can be charged direct from USB plug (more expensive models need an inverter to charge).

We sometimes use ours in the lounge at home onto a non white wall, so projector is sat a lot further back than in the van..image is still very good provided it’s dark in the room.

Screen means more kit to cart about.

Last edited:
I made my own projector screen as I wasn’t f completely happy with the grainey picture using the blind. I basically wrapped some white material around some stiff cardboard, used gaffer tape on the back of it then stand it where the blind is. It makes a big difference in picture quality .

7887826E-DD38-4EFD-95C6-A65538B6F7FB.jpeg

EFDC8ADA-F718-40AC-91AC-9C7F5B051CAD.jpeg

I made my own projector screen as I wasn’t f completely happy with the grainey picture using the blind. I basically wrapped some white material around some stiff cardboard, used gaffer tape on the back of it then stand it where the blind is. It makes a big difference in picture quality .

View attachment 111803

View attachment 111804
What’s the difference between the two photos?
Is one the blind and one the white material?
Which material did you use?
100% cotton or 100% Polyester or a 50/50 blend ?

Yes top one is material and bottom the blind. If you zoom in you can see the blind is grainey compared to the one I made. It’s actually projector screen material where you can span it on a wall for example . Was only cheap, around £10 and was absolutely massive. I bought it to cut up to make my own for the Cali . I did try other materials like a bed sheet for example but it was too thin and still had a bit of a grain on it. The bottom pic has some cardboard stopping the reflection off the worktops so looks darker. The darker the better for these projectors as I understand it.

The blinds are terrible when it comes to getting a decent pics. Used the sliding door one for 2 weeks and the sparklies are off the scale. Luckily I can get the Duronic one locally.

I just used a white window blind cut to width so it balances either side of the roof hatch. Put a eyelets in each corner and a couple of small bunge cords clipped in various locations in the van to keep it taught.

When travelling just roll it up and sits just inside the boot nice and neatly.

I like the idea of having a projector & after reading the relevant threads looks like the screen brackets available from the shop are for use with the Duronic BPS 40/43 screen, trouble is it seems like these screens are always out of stock everywhere so I was hoping someone knows of an alternative make or model that can be used & how it can be mounted. I like the duronic solution as the roof doesnt have to be raised to use it.
Onbuy.com just emailed me to say back on stock!

Just bought a 60” folding screen of ebay it has eyes in corners so connected to rear pull down cupboard and rear seats as only 2 of us perfect for using front seats as cinema. Less than £10 off ebay will take a photo next time its up!

Back