Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rail anchor/lashing query

P

PugmeisterCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
A quick query. I’ve just installed the D-ring type rail anchor purchased recently from the club shop for my 2022 Ocean. Thankfully very simple to do. Unfortunately the big retaining bolt that secures the D-ring plate protrudes by about 1 cm when tightened, meaning the plate is loose. Is this normal? There’s no way it can go any further, so the solution seems loads of washers or a shorter bolt. Just wondering if they’ve sent the wrong bolt or whether I need to try and find a shorter one.

31D41770-8EA1-4A76-A78E-E6FBD3B45EBA.jpeg

A quick query. I’ve just installed the D-ring type rail anchor purchased recently from the club shop for my 2022 Ocean. Thankfully very simple to do. Unfortunately the big retaining bolt that secures the D-ring plate protrudes by about 1 cm when tightened, meaning the plate is loose. Is this normal? There’s no way it can go any further, so the solution seems loads of washers or a shorter bolt. Just wondering if they’ve sent the wrong bolt or whether I need to try and find a shorter one.

View attachment 109138
If you haven't removed the Seat Stop in the rail then your bolt may be fouling the stop. Try moving your D anchor 2 or 3" either way. If the bolt screws in fully then remove the seat stop

View attachment 109138
I seem to remember having to remove the grey end cap at the end of the rail, loosely putting the bolt into the washer whilst holding at the end of the rail before sliding the bolt along to the position required and then tightening. Then replace the end cap. A flat head screwdriver with a bit of kitchen roll to protect and slowly lever the cap!

If you haven't removed the Seat Stop in the rail then your bolt may be fouling the stop. Try moving your D anchor 2 or 3" either way. If the bolt screws in fully then remove the seat stop
Thanks. I tried this but the bolt is too long to fit in anywhere along the length of the rail. I suspect they’ve sent an incorrect bolt.

I seem to remember having to remove the grey end cap at the end of the rail, loosely putting the bolt into the washer whilst holding at the end of the rail before sliding the bolt along to the position required and then tightening. Then replace the end cap. A flat head screwdriver with a bit of kitchen roll to protect and slowly lever the cap!
That’s correct (I was stumped until I found an old WelshGas post describing the method!). Unfortunately, the bolt is too long. I’ll give them a call.

@PugmeisterCali was your theory correct and did you get a shorter bolt? I have exactly this situation and hopefully a shorter bolt is on its way. The one sent was 50mm.

@PugmeisterCali was your theory correct and did you get a shorter bolt? I have exactly this situation and hopefully a shorter bolt is on its way. The one sent was 50mm.
Yes, apparently it was a new batch that had been made with the wrong bolt. A replacement was sent out and fitted perfectly. Very happy with the end result!

Oh thanks. Fingers crossed then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorter bolt received. All good now. Surprised it could happen twice (at least)
bc84d2386560c2c14b9f1bacda8fcf10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk