Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anchor lashing fit in our Cali T6.1 to keep our pup dog safe

Campervanpup21

Campervanpup21

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looking forward to trips in the Cali with our pup who is not to happy with travelling in vehicles!!
We’ve bought an anchor lashing from the VW shop / Campervanbits and just fitted today.
Cali is a T6.1 and it was really straightforward to fit. Thought it may help a few people if they were concerned with fitting to a 6.1.
You don’t have to fully remove screws as it mentions on their website and I left the bolt in place to use for positioning in the runner and hold it whilst screws tightened to hold in place. (There are teeth under the runner that the bracket sits in as you tighten screws - you will feel them as you slide the bracket in)
- Firstly separate the larger plate and D ring from the smaller plate.
- Turn the small plate so that it is lengthways with the ‘shoulders’ facing up to bite with the teeth in the runner. You will have the 2 screws just under the black rubber and the bolt can be used to move until you find the position you want to anchor. We placed it at around 2” in which allows the larger plate to sit flush with the end of the plastic cap when refitting and room for the bed still to open.
- Once in position, hold the bolt and then tighten the screws until the smaller plate is secure.
- Unscrew the bolt, place the larger plate over with the hole where you have removed the bolt, place the D ring on top and then the bolt through the items into the hole on the secured smaller plate.
- Tighten.
- Sorted.
Some photos to show fitting attached.

Hope this helps some people as I was worried fitting it and I’m no DIY’er.

Fitting the spare safe tomorrow :)

Apologies if posted incorrectly or to wrong area - 1st time!!

CE9DF754-2C70-407A-9499-5E4F6C37C974.jpeg

613257D7-C151-4EB8-A8CD-035F0BC5A94D.jpeg

CAFC0EC9-C04A-4FBA-AD4B-32A0FDF4C0AB.jpeg

804D5E62-4193-422E-B839-87E152194D83.jpeg

Back