RDE 2

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Had this description from my VW dealer of what you get for your extra cash, with a 204 RDE2 Cali.
An extra catalytic converter, now giving you two selective cats, and a larger AdBlue tank ( 22litres up from 14 litres).
What do these cats do? ln VW speak, they give you a "Twin Dosing, Cross Coupled, Emission Cleaning System". This adds over 20 kgs to the unladen weight and hence less payload! Emissions and mpg TBA. All this for just over £1000!

Everything you never wanted. More complexity. Only need a bigger adblue tank if your going to use more as the bigger tank along with the extra cat will increase consumption and therefore emissions. Its further Nox reduction. To cap it all future buyers have to pay for the sins of VW past and that means to the US class action.
Once my cali goes wont be buying another VW.

They might delete the spare wheel to offset the additional weight.

Those cat converter thiefs will be rubbing their hands. Two for the price of one.

Will be watching this with interest, first indication of any detail on rde2 that I’ve seen. My dealer promised lower emissions and better fuel consumption.........I‘m sure they could tell by my reaction that I didn’t believe a word of it, but we’ll see. No mention of an extra cat or bigger Adblu tank. Was torn between a Coast (manual roof appeals) and another Ocean but really wanted 4mo and I like the power of my T6 204 so that swung it - but it’s close and may just swing back the other way if I don’t like the way it develops, particularly if there’s any proposed loss of spare. My T6 204 drank Adblu after the ‘fix’, 3k from a full tank, and diesel averaged 30.4mpg over 27k miles (brim to brim) - I wasn’t particularly happy with either. Improvements needed.

Last edited:
I watched a YouTube review of the new caddy and it showed under the bonnet with the dual cat / dual dosing thing for RDE2. Will try and find it.

Back