Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear cupboard lighting

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I’ve found the lack of cupboard lighting a minor irritant in the Cali so have kept my eyes open for simple solutions.
I spotted a battery (usb rechargeable) PIR led strip on Amazon. It’s meant as a wardrobe light.
Pleased to report you can mount the strip in a vertical line and the led strip just fits between the shelf and the wall.

Nice automatic lighting in the rear cupboard when needed, with even lighting for all 3 shelves without dazzling you.

0166D1D6-00EB-41A9-8CEA-851E21F49982.jpeg
4982FC79-BA2B-4BF3-8B95-DFB0602F2481.jpeg

That looks nice and pretty bright too. I may go down this route as well. Thank you for sharing.

I did the same, for the sliding door cabinet under the sink. A LED-light with a motion sensor, working on batteries. Quite happy with the result. The light comes on when movement is detected and goed off again automagically ;-) In the end of the video you can see which one I used and how I places it in the cabinet.

Nice, but the lower shelf is in darkness if I’m not mistaken. Do you have this setup per shelf?

I need to investigate more for the front cupboard to be able to have one light source for top and bottom shelves, with a single motion sensor.
I fully appreciate I’m more than likely going to need a sensor for the left and one for the right hand side cupboards along with a light strip for each side too.
Failing this I just buy 4 of Welshgas’s recommended stick on pucks - simple and does the trick.

Made the movie after placing the first. Added a second later. However, only placed lights in the right cupboard, not in the left one. The theory was that the left would be blocked by the bed at night anyways, as we sleep 4 in the van, so the downstairs bed is in use at night.

Ah, gotcha. ;)
Will post an update if I come up with anything different, but I think it will end up with a light/sensor per shelf as required.

Back