Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Storage Boxes

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Following on from my thread about the Muji drawers, are there any alternatives similar to those? Would be to put under the mulitflex behind the 3 bench seat.

I like the idea of a plastic drawer solution, it's just Muji are charging £25 for delivery which is a bit of a con for 4 plastic boxes (I don't have a store near me) and only seem to be able to buy each size in pairs (we wanted a mixture of sizes ideally like Tom has done).

So just wanted to see what works well for you, that holds a lot of stuff and thats accessible? Plan is to dump them in the awning when camped.

Do you put all your kitchen things in the boxes? My wife was asking where we'd put all the clothing and bedding and as we are A: campervan newbies and B: no budget for window bags, I didn't really have a reply!

Any photos of your packing set up would be handy to see too. Cheers..

We have used Really Useful Boxes under the bed board. 2 x 64 ltr ones fit well and you can use the lid as a slide underneath the box. We have a SE so 2 seat bench seat. Other combinations of boxes also work.

Available again now from B&Q (were out of stock for a while) and Rymans.

Alan

Following on from my thread about the Muji drawers, are there any alternatives similar to those? Would be to put under the mulitflex behind the 3 bench seat.

I like the idea of a plastic drawer solution, it's just Muji are charging £25 for delivery which is a bit of a con for 4 plastic boxes (I don't have a store near me) and only seem to be able to buy each size in pairs (we wanted a mixture of sizes ideally like Tom has done).

So just wanted to see what works well for you, that holds a lot of stuff and thats accessible? Plan is to dump them in the awning when camped.

Do you put all your kitchen things in the boxes? My wife was asking where we'd put all the clothing and bedding and as we are A: campervan newbies and B: no budget for window bags, I didn't really have a reply!

I also have four custom size plywood crates cut from a single sheet of 2440mm x 1220mm x 12mm (8' x 4') plywood. The timber merchant cut the plywood to size, charging me a premium of £1 per piece cut.

All I did was drill and screw the pieces together.

The large crates have a capacity of 28 bottles of wine.
1592236161506.png

The four crates go between the multiflex and the 3 seat bench with the multiflex in its rearmost position, and the bench in the correct position of the rails for making the bed.

You could easily make similar plywood crates for under the multiflex.

I understand what you mean about the Muji delivery charge. We ended up driving a round trip of 108 miles to buy our four Muji crates.

We have used Really Useful Boxes under the bed board. 2 x 64 ltr ones fit well and you can use the lid as a slide underneath the box. We have a SE so 2 seat bench seat. Other combinations of boxes also work.

Available again now from B&Q (were out of stock for a while) and Rymans.

Alan
Thanks Alan I'll check those out.

We have a rear 2 seater Beach so our multiflex is slightly lower than yours. We use 6 x 24 litre Dragon boxes cheap as chips from Wilko on a Calicap tray with other bits & pieces. You’d fit larger sizes in the 3 seater. We’ve used these for 12 months, very happy with them.

F12F1960-B4D9-44A5-908F-8416CB40C553.jpeg

Exactly the same thoughts as mine. Where are you based? We could order together and split the extortionate delivery fee and split up the pairs.

Exactly the same thoughts as mine. Where are you based? We could order together and split the extortionate delivery fee and split up the pairs.
Tunbridge Wells but I may go for really useful boxes as a bit of a cheaper option and folk here seem to rate them

Meant to also ask, if you don't have window bags where works well for clothes? in the boxes or duffle bags on the rear shelf?

Tunbridge Wells but I may go for really useful boxes as a bit of a cheaper option and folk here seem to rate them

Cool. No problem. Let us know how you get on. If you change your mind I'd be happy to drop them round.

Back