Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Storage Ideas

M

Markw1987

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all,

We have recently purchased our 2019 T6 Beach and are seeking some divine intervention relating to storage ideas.

I am toying with the idea of purchasing a unit from IKEA to house kitchen items such as cutlery and the like but am unsure what would work and whether it’s a viable permanent solution?

Can anyone provide experiences or offer up advice about what works well?

Thanks in advance.

Evening all,

We have recently purchased our 2019 T6 Beach and are seeking some divine intervention relating to storage ideas.

I am toying with the idea of purchasing a unit from IKEA to house kitchen items such as cutlery and the like but am unsure what would work and whether it’s a viable permanent solution?

Can anyone provide experiences or offer up advice about what works well?

Thanks in advance.
Everyone is different.

We position the bench seat and multiflex in the bed ready position and use:
  • VanEssa window bags for clothes.
  • Homemade plywood crates in front of the boot area.
  • Muji drawers under the multiflex.
  • Mattress and bedding go above the multiflex and plywood crates.
IMG_2050.JPG
The plywood crates and double 907 gas box in front of the multiflex.
IMG_2425.JPG
Muji drawers under the multiflex and window bags installed
IMG_2084.JPG
Plywood crates hidden in situ behind the drawers with a plywood cover extending the multiflex.
Gas stove between the drawers.
IMG_2940.JPG
Illustration of the capacity of one of the plywood crates.
(Two are this size, the other two are wider and shallower).
IMG_2846.JPG
Crates, drawers and plywood cover can be used to make a kitchen work area in a driveaway awning.

Hi Amarillo,

Many thanks for taking the time to send this. Really informative and I certainly have storage envy!

I will devise a plan, something similar to what you have here.

We’re away for our first trip this weekend so will know more about our requirements on Monday.

Amarillo,

Can you please clarify the measurements of your Muji drawers?

Having looked on the website, there are a variety of options and yours looks a perfect fit under the multiflex.

82D668A3-5C97-4936-ABF0-4604C9437837.jpeg

Amarillo,

Can you please clarify the measurements of your Muji drawers?

Having looked on the website, there are a variety of options and yours looks a perfect fit under the multiflex.

We have 1 x small, 1 x large and 2 x medium.

4 x medium works, so would 2 x small and 2 x large.

There are two clips which need to be removed from the underside of the multiflex for the drawers to fit.
1. A clip to hold carrier bag handles keeping your shopping bag upright and reducing the likelihood of shopping spillage in the book.
2. A clip to attach to the bench seat headrest, holding the folding rear part of the multiflex upright.

So before rushing out to buy the Muji boxes, check that the benefit of the boxes is greater than the benefit of these two clips.

Back