Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear storage slide out...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Has anyone bought or built a slide-out rear tray/platform for the 'boot' storage space?
Googling I found this example available for the Multivan:
https://www.reimo.com/de/101051-vwt4_multivan_heckauszug_anthrazit_schichtstoff/
But of course wouldn't fit the T4 Cali (too wide). I understand also that the access to the gas bottle would be compromised, but I'm sure there's a workaround to overcome this...
Anyone done something similar - I'm guessing this will become a DIY project, but happy to hear of any other experiences. I'm sure with some heavy duty sliders this could be nifty bit of kit to make loading and unloading so much easier...
:D

Never considered it but I'm liking the idea, as long as space isn't compromised.

The space is very "square" and linear so it should be easy the make something snug fitting.

You could use a double row of drawer slides on each side?

We'll await a full set of detail drawings/photos.

P.

.......just saw the price!!!! Sh*t the bed!!
I'm going into business.

There are quite some treads about the drawers for the T5 and T6 in here. And also in the internet. You also find some instructions for DIY. I just build this one … its two aluminium frames from L-profile, with a wood insert. And sliders with locks ;-)

(Boxes are from IKEA)

IMG_3954.JPG

Some interesting ideas (no idea why I didn't find those posts when i searched!)...
Though seemingly no T4 versions of this coming to light...

I'm going to have a think about this one, do some googling and consider this for a winter project ;)
First thing will be to source the right runners and design/build it from there.

My thinking is to tap into the end of the seat rails (to use as an anchor point for the 'forward' end of the 'shelf' - see pic) and leave the rest to gravity. For the gas cupboard, maybe remove the hinges and have it hold in place with magnets - that way can still get access to the bottle.

Like I spotted in one of "Hotel's" posts in the links above, I too had a Defender in a previous life and already made such a drawer for that, so I have an idea of the construction already (stupid thing is I not so long ago off-loaded a lot of my aluminium stock thinking I'd never use it! - oh well...) :D

I will do this, just a question of when :confused: ... a case of watch this space! :thumb

Thanks for your input!

Planning - anchor points and gas door.jpg

Back