Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear tambour door

I risk the wrath of some (especially who posted above with broken parts) but yes, the Cali is built 'light' and so much could be improved but if operated with care, sympathy and in the correct manner as they are designed the doors are perfectly up to the job IME.... :sorry

I’m all to aware the Cali seems lightly built. I’m really careful especially with the sliding doors - move gently, check not obstructed, don’t overload shelves, etc.

Having read comments that dust and grit can stick to silicone lubricant, I decided to use beeswax on the runners instead, as someone suggested, but that didn’t really help.

I may claim under warranty, but I’m a little worried about the local van centre having anything to do with my Cali interior.

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

My rear door has fell apart a 2nd time. My issue now is part of it is stuck behind the wall and I can't get it out. Any ideas? Whats the best repair for these things apart from a new one?

20220623_133118.jpg

20220623_133113.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if I have actually lost some of door here down the gap or is this gap normal when shut? Had a torch and mirror in there. Can't see any spare door

20220623_135848.jpg

Last edited:
Back