Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recall notice

S

Staff 2

First posted by martin

I think this was mentioned somewhere before but I have just had a recall on my van. Something to do with a software update and also the particulate filter.

First posted by Martin

Hi Mark,

Mine is 180 facelift, registered September 2010.

Might be worth giving your dealer a call as I was ringing about something else and when she took my reg I was told I need to bring it in. I am assuming it is non urgent or we would of received a letter.

Martin

First posted by Drmw1335

Hi Mark I took in my California Nov 2010 to my dealership in August after they rang me about the recall. They reprogrammed the ECU so that the DPF sensor is not so sensitive to alert a possible failure.

The cynic in me thinks VW were dealing with too many faulty alerts so they made the margin for error a lot wider before they have to do anything!

First posted by mark

Will be booking mine in to get few issues sorted and will see if any recall on mine, if not maybe this just on 2010 issue, will let you know.

First posted by andy

When I was looking at a cali in early august the technician was doing software updates on all vehicles on the site. Could be the same as this 'recall'.

First posted by V3rn-Nic & Helena

Mine just had the update as part of the first service. I had no letter asking me for a recall though. Just got dealt with on the service. I have a Dec 2010 Cali 180 DSP.

upgrade is for all t5.1 GP's it does change things to do with DPF regeneration but also seems to smooth idle and generally make the map feel a bit smoother. It also seems to deal also with acceleration from low speeds.

Well pleased with the changes.

Perfect timing sebking I was wondering about this as mine is booked
Into vw tomorrow for the update.

In addition to other work on my van a recall entitled ‘Radio Component Owner’ was done today. No idea what work was involved, if anything, but they leave an insert for the Infotainment Manual in the car.

In addition to other work on my van a recall entitled ‘Radio Component Owner’ was done today. No idea what work was involved, if anything, but they leave an insert for the Infotainment Manual in the car.
You're doing well on resurrecting old threads today GG!!

Back