Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for Northumberland Coast.....

JohnnyP

JohnnyP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I would appreciate any recommendations for campsites within walking distance of the Northumberland coast.

Beadnell Bay (camping and caravan club) is in a great spot. Not sure when it closes for winter.

If you only want a one or two night stop and happy being without showers and stuff there is an absolutely splendid Britstop at Craster.

Its a great place to wild camp - so many beautiful beaches. i would recommend the Bamburgh beach - park up just north of the Castle in the dunes and build a fire on the beach. IMG_2410.jpg

Beadnell Bay (camping and caravan club) is in a great spot. Not sure when it closes for winter.
Thanks 2into1,we ended up in a site about 1/2 mile North of the Beadnell Bay campsite (off the same road) the area is fantastic especially when the weather is good. We stayed at Annstead Farm which was also a good site and definitely worth returning to. The Beadnell Bay site is also on our list for the next visit to the area, the site was open and is obviously very popular as it looked full.
http://www.annstead.co.uk/accomm_caravans.php

View attachment 26868 View attachment 26869
one we have used a couple of times - walk costal path to the lighthouse.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...and/tyne--wear/old-hartley-caravan-club-site/

and fantastic fish and chip shop up the road at Seaton Sluice (called harbour view)
Hi Meoncoast, l really like the seaviews from this site but it is only a few miles from home so it's not a one that I have used. I have walked and cycled passed many times though and I always feel envious of those camping in such a nice spot.

one we have used a couple of times - walk costal path to the lighthouse.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...and/tyne--wear/old-hartley-caravan-club-site/

and fantastic fish and chip shop up the road at Seaton Sluice (called harbour view)

And there is a great pub with food at Seaton Sluice. Walk to the main road, then turn right and at the pelican crossing follow the road to the right along the sea wall. Colleywell Bay Road.

The pub is the King's Arms. As a kid we used to canoe round to this bay from Whitley Bay.

If you are in the area also get yourselves to the Rendezvous cafe on the sea front at Whitley Bay. It's been in the same Italian family for at least the last 50 years to my knowledge. Not changed a lot in all that time. Similar seats and tables to when I was a lad and you can still get an ice cream from the window along the side. The whole sea front is getting a make over as well - which was being done quite reasonably as far as we could see last week. Spanish City is also being done up.

And if you are further north a great walk is from Craster to Low Newton, passing by Dunstanburgh castle. There's a great pub at Low Newton, the Ship Inn and one in Craster. Crab sandwiches are the thing at the Ship Inn but get there early they always run out of crab. Going to Low Newton and back gets you all the views of the castle which of the weather is right can be really spooky.

Also at this time of year, ignore the parking at the entrance to Craster and drive through to the housing estate. There's plenty of on street parking. You won't be able to do this in the summer but this time of year it's fine.