Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations of campsites near Saint Malo

Not-tonyadventures

Not-tonyadventures

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We are heading to France later this month and returning via Saint Malo. Can anyone recommend a good site in/near Saint Malo so we can explore the town and get to the ferry the next morning in a relaxed fashion?
Many thanks in advance.

Just stayed there a few days ago, we had a lovely stop, great beach, St. Malo just 20 mins away, site very clean and chilled, we paid a few euro extra for a (a bit of a) 'sea view'.

The historic part of St Malo is stunning. We were there in May. Heads up that they have put height restrictions on all the car parks next to the historic part of the town. We found somewhere to park about half a mile out. So if you find a parking space on the way in, that isn't too far out, I would grab it.

The historic part of St Malo is stunning. We were there in May. Heads up that they have put height restrictions on all the car parks next to the historic part of the town. We found somewhere to park about half a mile out. So if you find a parking space on the way in, that isn't too far out, I would grab it.
Really helpful. Thank you.

Really helpful. Thank you.
If u drive through the old port area (past it, port on Right hand side beach on left) and out the other side it becomes residential and there is a small local shopping area with ample free parking (near Rockabilly restaurant) I can recommend both (locals restaurant, gets busy at lunch, unassuming outside, nice local bar / restaurant home made food with a welcome atmosphere, massively cheaper and more authentic than the tourist area ) and the free parking near by , about 15 -20 minute walk along the old port area into the old Fort area.

Make sure to walk the Ramparts of the old fortress town !

IMG_1118.jpeg

Back