Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Red wine storage...?!

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Obviously white wine can go in the fridge but what about open bottles of red? Any ideas as they don't fit in the cupboards? The obvious "finish the bottle" could lead to some rather evil morning headaches!

Dare I suggest you buy a box instead of a bottle, easier to store and you could, if you wanted, just have one glass a night (somehow that doesn't seem to work for us!) and the rest stays fresh. Most are equivalent to 3 bottles, but you can get 2 bottle boxes in the Co-op (quite decent stuff too). The French even sell 5 bottle 'BIBs' (bag in box).

1. Drink it
2. Buy screw top bottles
3. Buy a box as Geoff says. If you are concerned at not knowing how much you drink see 1.

And to help fund your Cali...have you tried "home brewed" wine? I am surprised at how good it is.

Matt, I am still experimenting on this as I'm a red too...the wine box's from supermarkets work reasonably well stored behind passenger seat and scullery but I appear to have settled for now on the lower pocket of drivers door!

Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We get through almost as much red wine as Diesel - 3 litre boxes sit nicely under the sink and no bottles to dispose of :)

But but but...

Wine IN A BOX??! :shocked

photobucket-shocked.gif

KernowLad said:
Wine IN A BOX??! :shocked

I agree tried a box liked it finished it.... oops. :crazy

I'm now back on bottles, far safer on the morning hangover.

LOL - alternatively, of course, this would fit on the back shelf
1-gray.jpg933ba2a2-d024-4c9f-8aa2-18df46e6219bLarge.jpg

Perhaps you could arrange for the next meeting :clap

Or just have one of these follow you from site to site, I think kev has two of these booked for Wicksteed :D

Heineken+truck.jpg

Hup. Hup. Sorry may only be one now :rofl :rofl :rofl

So you really drink wine from boxes? :eek: :? :shocked

I thought it was a joke about people from north of europe... :smile

( I can't even mention the so called "home made" )

In France you might find the "demi bouteille" that is less than half a litre, may be it could fit better in the Cali.

In Italy if we can't finish the bottle...we find a friend to share it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:hello

What about the 25 litre fresh wine tank ?

Just pour all the bottles into the tank and you have your wine on tap. Literally :)

Dont bottles fit in the very front of the lower door pockets? With padding or towel to jam them there - sorted :thumb

Or just drink it all first time round........ :thumb

Bleur fleur said:
I just take the wine bag out of the box. They fit into all sorts of spaces! :D

Wine in a box?!

Massimo-DAlema.jpg

Platypus wine preserver.
Its a hard wearing bag that you decant your wine into and then squeeze the air out of.
Its lighter than carrying glass and the wine lasts a few days that way.
Well ... It would.
:smile

Back