Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Refilling the T4 Westfalia Camper LP tank yourself

neofeudal

neofeudal

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I've seen some articles on the net about connecting an external propane tank to the on-board tank, with the external tank higher than the on-board...and allowing the gas to flow into the on-board tank, equalizing the two. This seems like a neat way to fill my own propane. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or innovative ways to take control of gas refills so you have more flexibility in this department?

I am not interested in toting around an external 20-lb tank, BTW. Though I might be OK plugging 1lp tanks into the main tank as-needed. Just so I have some freedom or a backup solution.

All thoughts welcome!

I've seen some articles on the net about connecting an external propane tank to the on-board tank, with the external tank higher than the on-board...and allowing the gas to flow into the on-board tank, equalizing the two. This seems like a neat way to fill my own propane. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or innovative ways to take control of gas refills so you have more flexibility in this department?

I am not interested in toting around an external 20-lb tank, BTW. Though I might be OK plugging 1lp tanks into the main tank as-needed. Just so I have some freedom or a backup solution.

All thoughts we
As far as I know, unless your lpg bottle is specifically designed to be refilled one is breaking the law by self refilling. It would also probably invalid your insurance.