Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

refrigerator box fault

itscalledbob

itscalledbob

Home is where you park it
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
The van is 2 years old (still under warranty) and about to go for its first service so not to worried but I'm about to go away this weekend so if it a re-set or something some advice would be helpful.

I have tried to switch the fridge on through the button and menu and in both cases the 'on light' illuminates for a brief moment then goes off.

Tried it on the leisure battery and through mains, also reset the fuse, no joy.

Anyone come across this before?

I suspect something is terminal but your help will be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Hold down the below right button for a few sec. (think 20 or 30 sec) it resets the control panel
Could be something else also...but worth a try
Take a look in the VIP downloadsection , there is some usefull info

No idea but I would suggest the following.
1 . Switch Off Control Panel with L lower switch. Wait at least 30 secs and then Switch On L lower switch.
2 . Press and hold R lower button and then press the Control Knob briefly for 5 secs.
You should now see the secret menu. Scroll to Volkswagon -Diagnostics.
Any Diagnostic Codes shown. Make a note of them. Go to Clear Codes and press Control Knob to clear the codes and then Back.
Hopefully that might sort it. If not then a trip to the Dealers I'm afraid.

Thank you Hotel California and WelshGas, just the type of information I was looking for, sadly though no joy :-(

Back to a passive coolbox and blue ice blocks

Thank you Hotel California and WelshGas, just the type of information I was looking for, sadly though no joy :-(

Back to a passive coolbox and blue ice blocks
No noise from the Fridge?
Have you got the Temperature setting on 6 or High?

If the answers are No & Yes then as you surmise probably a problem with the fridge controller/compressor.
Not a difficult replacement as it is under warranty they will probably just replace the whole fridge. It is a lift out job, not too much disruption.

If you are just away for the weekend then use it as a cool box and use freezer blocks.