Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unknown symbol on the control panel.

G

Geoff Davies

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Càn anyone help me please? I have had my 2014 se 180 for over 2 years now and it has been great. However when replacing the roof bendy light for the led version I stupidly did not check the switches were off in the rear cabinet and yes it blew a fuse. Unfortunately the roof was up and the symbol appeared on the top centre of the control unit. The leisure batteries are the originals so I have replaced them and also the terminal fuse on the rear battery. The 80 amp fuse under the front is okay so now I don't know where else to check. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Geoff. 20230629_172230.jpg

Get your handbook out is that heater on timmer symbol?

Thanks for your reply, it is the 2 circles at the top L in the big circle and 1 in the smaller circle. Below it is me setting the time. I am unable to get the pop top roof on the menu to close the roof.
Kind regards Geoff.

The L in the big circle is an image of a clock - the L is the hands.
I think the 1 might refer to you having a timer set or indicate it the 1st of the month. Either way if you scroll down to the clock settings you should find something.
If you disconnected batteries it probably thinks it’s January 1st.

Mine won’t let me do anything until the clock is set.

the answer

The L in the big circle is an image of a clock - the L is the hands.
I think the 1 might refer to you having a timer set or indicate it the 1st of the month. Either way if you scroll down to the clock settings you should find something.
If you disconnected batteries it probably thinks it’s January 1st.

Mine won’t let me do anything until the clock is set.
Thank you, I set the clock and that allowed me to close the roof. I have now got to try and delete this message. Funny symbol, I thought it was an L for leisure and 1 was for the number of the battery.
Kind regards Geoff.

Thank you, I set the clock and that allowed me to close the roof. I have now got to try and delete this message. Funny symbol, I thought it was an L for leisure and 1 was for the number of the battery.
Kind regards Geoff.
I ordered a new control unit from Germany as my screen was dead. When it arrived it was all in German.

Thankfully a bit of Googling and I found a hidden menu and reset it to English. My wife quite liked the German.
1688108538997.jpeg

the answer
Thank you for your help, all sorted now. Regards, Geoff.

Back