Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reimo silver screens

Cwoods1405

Cwoods1405

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of using the reimo silver screens (front and side). I just wondered how well they fitted as I don't want loads of gaps so that you can see inside the van. I am buying them to use in warmer weather really as I know they can cause condensation when it's cold. How good a job do they do and do the suckers keep it in place!!? Would be interested in an alternative if anyone knows of one except the brandrup. They seem expensive and I am not keen on the velcro fastening. Thanks

I had the brandrup ones and they worked very well. The key to internal screens is no gap between the screen and windscreen the ones with the suckers create a gap for condensation. My view only of course.

Thanks Calikev
I have an external screen which is great but not being able to open the doors easily is a bit of a pain. I wanted something we could use in the summer that is easy to put on and remove. Hopefully condensation should not be so much of a problem when it's warmer. We sleep up top too which will mean it's less of a problem

Yes I used mine in the winter I like the fact they stay dry you don't need to get out to remove them, ideal in wild camping situations and they store upstairs with the roof down. in the summer you should be fine,they will block the light out better than the VW ones

We've used Reimo screens for the cab area for years and find them excellent, the fit is good and the suckers hold them in place very well. As above they stay dry except for a minor amount of condensation and can be fitted / removed without leaving the vehicle. They pack away in their own zipped bag (supplied) very easily. If you are using the front seats in an evening it is noticeable how well they insulate both noise and heat, it makes the area feel much more cosy.
One word of warning, be careful not to wind a window down with the side screens fitted as the window will 'eat' the suckers!
Try Concept Multi Car as suppliers, ( http://www.conceptmulti-car.co.uk/ )

Rod

Back