Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remis window blinds. (Update)

They do look good. We are on our way to pick ours up now. Can I ask what tools you need to fit them
Thanks
John

Looks good, there is a flap that folds up, to close the gap you have on top of the windscreen blind, take a look at my pic. (If you've not seen the flap yet) all in all though I think they look good and work well, Iv been using mine for a couple weeks now.
That's odd, mine doesn't have that top piece, it looks like something's missing from your photo! Typical!

Just fitted our blinds today. Can I ask does anyone know what the very small silver screws with the side blinds are for? I have four of them but no idea where they go!!
Thanks
John

Hi - interested to hear how you are getting on with the blinds? Do they rattle at all when you drive?
Gordon
We fitted ours during the summer in Spain. The front blind rattles a little on rough surfaces but it is more a result of the blind flexing in the middle given its length. Overall the blinds are very quiet
One point to note - one the the grey plastic tensioners that holds the cord on the front moved a few days after installation. We had to remove the blind to re glue.
We are still very happy with them - so much more convenient and easier than the VW originals

I'm interested to hear from any of you folks using the Remis blinds. Do you find that the additional frame size detracts from vision around the A posts?
I am about to begin the process of having a MAN TGE converted but have reservations about visibility with Remis blinds especially when driving on the continent on the 'wrong side of the road'. I currently have a T6 and have done quite a few miles in Europe this year, in this van without any blinds I find the left A post obscures traffic badly at the entrance to traffic islands.

I'm interested to hear from any of you folks using the Remis blinds. Do you find that the additional frame size detracts from vision around the A posts?
I am about to begin the process of having a MAN TGE converted but have reservations about visibility with Remis blinds especially when driving on the continent on the 'wrong side of the road'. I currently have a T6 and have done quite a few miles in Europe this year, in this van without any blinds I find the left A post obscures traffic badly at the entrance to traffic islands.
Rod

We fitted the blinds to our 680 during the summer. The frame for the frontscreen blind folds down out of the way when driving so doesnt cause any reduction in visibility. The frame for the side windows does reduce the window size but we didnt find any problems driving. Ours is a left hand drive so I dont know if that makes any difference

John

Rod

We fitted the blinds to our 680 during the summer. The frame for the frontscreen blind folds down out of the way when driving so doesnt cause any reduction in visibility. The frame for the side windows does reduce the window size but we didnt find any problems driving. Ours is a left hand drive so I dont know if that makes any difference

John
John,

As a LHD van do you find any visibility problems when driving on the left, i.e. in your home country? As it's just that possibility that bothers me when driving a RHD on the right, i.e. in Europe.

I've driven a slow LHD very elderly VW Beetle into Europe from home in the UK with my wife following in the T6 and only recently realised how much easier it was for me to enter traffic islands in the Beetle on European roads than it was for my wife following along. My left side vision was unobstructed whilst hers was obstructed by the left A post.

John,

As a LHD van do you find any visibility problems when driving on the left, i.e. in your home country? As it's just that possibility that bothers me when driving a RHD on the right, i.e. in Europe.

I've driven a slow LHD very elderly VW Beetle into Europe from home in the UK with my wife following in the T6 and only recently realised how much easier it was for me to enter traffic islands in the Beetle on European roads than it was for my wife following along. My left side vision was unobstructed whilst hers was obstructed by the left A post.
Rod
While we are from Ireland we don’t plan on driving our van at home. We are on a one way trip around Europe snd leave the van in storage wherever we finish each summer - last year near Bordeaux and this year in Santiago de Compostela. So sorry but I can’t really answer your question
John

Rod
While we are from Ireland we don’t plan on driving our van at home. We are on a one way trip around Europe snd leave the van in storage wherever we finish each summer - last year near Bordeaux and this year in Santiago de Compostela. So sorry but I can’t really answer your question
John
Thanks John.