Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remis window blinds. (Update)

T

T3Z-GB

Guest User
Hello,

For anyone considering the Remis side window blinds, Iv fitted the front pair today, they’re fairly simple to fit and look good. I should have the windscreen blind on the 22nd, will update once completed.

99909E4E-666A-4FA0-AD96-995CAD007CA8.jpeg

Hi
They look really good. We have been trying to find a solution for our GC 680.

Where did you manage to order the blinds?

Thanks

John

Hi
They look really good. We have been trying to find a solution for our GC 680.

Where did you manage to order the blinds?

Thanks

John
Hi John,

These guys have them.

Brilliant thanks for that. I couldn’t find anything online when I looked recently. It is a shame such an expensive van doesn’t have them as standard. We have been envious of other vans as we struggle with the ridiculous VW ones or the silver thermal ones that we bought.

Still at least there is a solution.

Thanks again

Brilliant thanks for that. I couldn’t find anything online when I looked recently. It is a shame such an expensive van doesn’t have them as standard. We have been envious of other vans as we struggle with the ridiculous VW ones or the silver thermal ones that we bought.

Still at least there is a solution.

Thanks again
No problem, Im very happy with them, excited for the windscreen blind now. As an FYI when they showing no stock, just message them and they will add immediately.

Thanks again. As we live in Ireland snd our GC is permanently on the continent in a different place each winter I just need to sort out the logistics- but first world problems

Hello,

For anyone considering the Remis side window blinds, Iv fitted the front pair today, they’re fairly simple to fit and look good. I should have the windscreen blind on the 22nd, will update once completed.

View attachment 95425
That's interesting. I ordered a full set of these and the dealer sent them back stating the magnets on the windscreen one was not strong enough to hold the blind up.

Unfortunately for our vans the design is an up/down system rather than a side to side like in the old design, so the magnet needs to be stronger.

That's interesting. I ordered a full set of these and the dealer sent them back stating the magnets on the windscreen one was not strong enough to hold the blind up.

Unfortunately for our vans the design is an up/down system rather than a side to side like in the old design, so the magnet needs to be stronger.
Hopefully they have a revision, Iv not fitted the windscreen yet, it arrives in a couple weeks. If it’s not fit for purpose I’ll return it. Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully they have a revision, Iv not fitted the windscreen yet, it arrives in a couple weeks. If it’s not fit for purpose I’ll return it. Thanks for the heads up
Hi, did yours arrive?

I bit the bullet and ordered a set from Leisure Warehouse, really regretting it now as they have been a nightmare.

My delivery was updated to state delivered about 30 miles from me 3 days ago.

Trying to communicate with Leisure Warehouse who have no contact phone number so you have to email and hope they come back to you.

Got a response this morning saying they have not heard back from DPD and are now closed so will update me Monday!

Geez thanks!

Hi, did yours arrive?

I bit the bullet and ordered a set from Leisure Warehouse, really regretting it now as they have been a nightmare.

Trying to communicate with Leisure Warehouse who have no contact phone number so you have to email and hope they come back to you.

Got a response this morning saying they have not heard back from DPD and are now closed so will update me Monday!

Geez thanks!
Mine has arrived but will only install next weekend. (The windscreen blind) the sides have already fitted.
Sorry to hear about your problem. They were really good with mine. No problems.
Hopefully it’s resolved quickly.

Hi, did yours arrive?

Geez thanks!
Finally managed to collect the front windscreen blind but was sadly disappointed. The pictures on the website are not a good representation of the bulky thing that arrived.
There are no magnets to hold it up, it’s meant to slide up and attach to the hooks on the side.
I’ll be returning it, build quality is good, it will certainly last. But it’s heavy, bulky and will rattle.

Finally managed to collect the front windscreen blind but was sadly disappointed. The pictures on the website are not a good representation of the bulky thing that arrived.
There are no magnets to hold it up, it’s meant to slide up and attach to the hooks on the side.
I’ll be returning it, build quality is good, it will certainly last. But it’s heavy, bulky and will rattle.
How does it fit round the rearview mirror?
I've not had a Remis blind on anything that didn't rattle .
Currently use the provided front curtain but without the tent poles in it, just use the loops over the sun visors & it seems to fit just as well & only takes seconds to put up.

How does it fit round the rearview mirror?
I've not had a Remis blind on anything that didn't rattle .
Currently use the provided front curtain but without the tent poles in it, just use the loops over the sun visors & it seems to fit just as well & only takes seconds to put up.
The blind comes under the rear view mirror with a flap that folds up to supposedly just under.
The problem it’s just to big in my opinion.
I do the same at the moment for the windscreen. Use the supplied without the poles.

I’ll take a couple pics of the unit when I’m back in the car later.

Really disappointing, it arrived with the corners of the box missing and taped over with packaging tape. Screws missing, disgrace from Leisure Warehouse

Now that my initial rant is over, Not bad at all.

AC9F87CB-8403-4529-B97D-45BC4F6B4733.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The blind comes under the rear view mirror with a flap that folds up to supposedly just under.
The problem it’s just to big in my opinion.
I do the same at the moment for the windscreen. Use the supplied without the poles.

I’ll take a couple pics of the unit when I’m back in the car later.

Really disappointing, it arrived with the corners of the box missing and taped over with packaging tape. Screws missing, disgrace from Leisure Warehouse
DPD have lost my delivery and Leisure Warehouse are refusing to refund until DPD officially list it as lost, which they haven't done, so I'm £800 out of pocket at the moment.

DPD have lost my delivery and Leisure Warehouse are refusing to refund until DPD officially list it as lost, which they haven't done, so I'm £800 out of pocket at the moment.
That’s terrible! Sorry to hear that!

Hi
I wonder if I could be a real pain and if you wouldn’t mind could you post a picture of what the blind looks like from the inside when it is open
Thanks a million
John
Hello John,

Sure will do tomorrow sometime.

Not your fault mate!
I broke one of the clips and they have no interest in trying to supply another, looking at the parts catalogue there is no replacement clips if they break or get lost. Must buy another blind. Customer service is shocking from Leisure Warehouse.

I broke one of the clips and they have no interest in trying to supply another, looking at the parts catalogue there is no replacement clips if they break or get lost. Must buy another blind. Customer service is shocking from Leisure Warehouse.
He's a one man band and of course there is no phone number either!

Hello John,

Sure will do tomorrow sometime.
Thanks for that. Have taken the plunge and ordered a set from Lulukabaraka in Barcelona. They were dispatched on the day we ordered (Friday) to a pick up point in Gijon. Hoping to get them on Monday. €588 for the full set of side and front blinds with free delivery. Will post pictures when I got them next week.
John

Have finally installed mine now, thanks to Magnum Motorhomes for delivering succesfully!

Here's the photos.

The centre blind does not completely cover the windscreen, but nothing a sun strip won't hide.
The side one's look good from inside, but are a bit industrial from the outside imgo, but again, nothing a small strip of black film can't hide.

All in all, pretty good, but I haven't yet used them in anger.

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Have finally installed mine now, thanks to Magnum Motorhomes for delivering succesfully!

Here's the photos.

The centre blind does not completely cover the windscreen, but nothing a sun strip won't hide.
The side one's look good from inside, but are a bit industrial from the outside imgo, but again, nothing a small strip of black film can't hide.

All in all, pretty good, but I haven't yet used them in anger.

View attachment 97068

View attachment 97069

View attachment 97070

View attachment 97071

View attachment 97072
Looks good, there is a flap that folds up, to close the gap you have on top of the windscreen blind, take a look at my pic. (If you've not seen the flap yet) all in all though I think they look good and work well, Iv been using mine for a couple weeks now.