Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing a Roger solar panel set up.

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I will be getting Roger to re-fit the solar panel from my old 5.1 SE onto my new ocean soon. I don’t trust myself!

But, I thought that I would remove the solar panel now myself (before I sell the SE). I’m a bit worried about removing leads from the leisure battery (which I assume is the first step). Do I literally just slide out the battery and disconnect the wires. I’m worried I will blow a fuse / start a fire or something. Or, when I reconnect the leisure battery to the van cause some other problem.

I think that I have a pretty standard set up as shown in the pictures:IMG_0449.jpegIMG_0453.jpegIMG_0452.jpeg

I thought that you had to disconnect the solar panel from the controller first or you can fry its brains

Just unplug the roof panel from the curly lead, then there is no power coming from the solar panel. Remove the inline fuse from the solar lead to battery - Then disconnect leads from the battery.
That does seem to make sense, although I didn't know that there was a fuse between the solar lead to the battery. I guess that will be in the battery compartment?
I assume that I just slide out the battery to disconnect it? I watched him fit it all, but we were chatting and it's two years ago now and I have trouble remembering what happened yesterday!

That does seem to make sense, although I didn't know that there was a fuse between the solar lead to the battery. I guess that will be in the battery compartment?
I assume that I just slide out the battery to disconnect it? I watched him fit it all, but we were chatting and it's two years ago now and I have trouble remembering what happened yesterday!
That black think on the red lead connected to the battery is the fuse holder. Open the cap and pull the fuse.