Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Solar Panel.

People think that because they are hiding behind a keyboard they can say what they like but wont say it to your face. Every forum I have been on seems to have someone.
My view is that forums are a place to discuss ideas and hopefully get solutions that save time and money. I have had a lot of help on this forum and it would be a shame if people felt they had to hold back offers of help because of the minority.

I believe Roger has offered some sort of deal to the first owner of the new Cali that he can get his hands on to install Solar.
It’s sort of unbelievable that VW still haven’t integrated a solar panel into the California IMHO.
I had the exact same issue, only my failed much sooner than 9yrs, and a very similar fix, same brand I just chose one size of panel larger. Three years in and still working nicely.

There's always some snide keyboard warrior around, he clearly didn't read or comprehend that I'd been trying to get non working panels working and had to do a repair job on the wiring, which only left short lengths to put new connectors on and made it impossible to hide, then had to get Y connectors in to link the two panels, he probably just looks at the pictures. The purpose of my post was to thank WelshGas for a good write up, I'll keep my gob shut in future and post sod all. I've bought rigid Y connectors for when I redo it so won't have to try to lose a foot of cable, I won't bother posting pictures though.
Don't stop posting text or helpful pictures because of one person who seems determined to undermine others....we all need to learn from others' experiences!