Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing the A-pillar cover on a T6 California

Wesel

Wesel

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
Hello everyone,

I have to remove the A-pillar trim to run the DAB antenna cable and then change the tweeters, and I can't.
All the instructions and videos I've found talk about either a T5, or a T6 without window curtains.
In my case it is T6 with window curtains and it is very different.
Do any of you have experience with this?

Have a google or search on here for fitting alpine speakers. Alpine have videos on how to remove the pillar trims with the built in blinds. here's the T6.1 fitting instructions - I don't recall any differences between T6 & T6.1 in the A pillar

Attachments

• IM_Installation-Manual_SPC-106T61_ALL.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 58
Hello everyone,

I have to remove the A-pillar trim to run the DAB antenna cable and then change the tweeters, and I can't.
All the instructions and videos I've found talk about either a T5, or a T6 without window curtains.
In my case it is T6 with window curtains and it is very different.
Do any of you have experience with this?
Took ours off to run the dash cam cable down. Was just a case of removing the grab handle and then pulling the trim off with some trim tools. The biggest pain was the trim cover for the grab handle which broke and I had to buy another.

Have a google or search on here for fitting alpine speakers. Alpine have videos on how to remove the pillar trims with the built in blinds. here's the T6.1 fitting instructions - I don't recall any differences between T6 & T6.1 in the A pillar
Thank you for your reply.
I have also downloaded the T6 specific brochure SPC-106T6. But there are no details on dismantling the trim with built in blinds. And it won't go by itself how supposed.

Took ours off to run the dash cam cable down. Was just a case of removing the grab handle and then pulling the trim off with some trim tools. The biggest pain was the trim cover for the grab handle which broke and I had to buy another.
What is completely stuck at the moment is this metal tab.

20230726_143823.jpg20230726_143800.jpg

Will come off with a bit of manoeuvring and the tools you're using...

What is completely stuck at the moment is this metal tab.

View attachment 111891View attachment 111892
As page 8 of the installation manual I linked, you need to be pulling up and towards the middle of the van.
If mine were typical, you may want to have the box of bandages, plasters & something to wipe the blood off the trim handy before you go too much further.

Did you manage in the end?
That was the point that I got stuck and bottled it rather than break anything!

Did you manage in the end?
That was the point that I got stuck and bottled it rather than break anything!
Yes I managed to remove it. It was not easy, and did not correspond to the information found here and there. I will report it asap here with some pictures.

Yes I managed to remove it. It was not easy, and did not correspond to the information found here and there. I will report it asap here with some pictures.

Any pics write up please? :)

Pictures would be lovely as I have to do this in the next few days on my t6. Thank you

Pictures would be lovely as I have to do this in the next few days on my t6. Thank you

Have a search. There’s pictures on another thread which were updated about 3 weeks ago.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Here it is

Back