Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing the heater

kurienp

kurienp

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone removed their heater to send it off for a service? 50k mls and some white smoke, so thinking about it. Not got under the van yet to see how easy or difficult.

Ta

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Remove undertray covering heater, cut zip ties holding air pipes to body, disconnect wiring multiplug, disconnect fuel feed. Heater drops down still mounted to bracket. Easy job with basic handtools. Remove heater from bracket, open heater case, remove glow plug (fit new glowplug later with slotted socket) seperate heat intake from com combustion chamber x4 screws. Clean combustion chamber, replace glow plug gauze, reassemble. Allow half day its all straightforward loads of youtube guides.

Remove undertray covering heater, cut zip ties holding air pipes to body, disconnect wiring multiplug, disconnect fuel feed. Heater drops down still mounted to bracket. Easy job with basic handtools. Remove heater from bracket, open heater case, remove glow plug (fit new glowplug later with slotted socket) seperate heat intake from com combustion chamber x4 screws. Clean combustion chamber, replace glow plug gauze, reassemble. Allow half day its all straightforward loads of youtube guides.
Thank you. :thumb That sounds simpler than I thought. Weekend sorted.

Also, as you indicate, rather than sending out for a service, should be able to do the basic service myself.