Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

replace the Display Roof Controll Unit Cali T5 mod 2005

Roar

Roar

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi
I have a Cali T5 mod 2005

I need to replace the Display Roof Controll Unit and see it's used devices on ebay. With Serial No.: 7E7 906 453 C, WLO 62 299 007 B, PC ABS / PC + GF10. There are also others where there are small differences in the series number, but there is a difference.

The serial number of my controller is 7H7 906 453 B, WLO 62 299 003 A, PC ASA-GF 20, HW 6.0 / SW 0603.
Does anyone know if it is possible to use any of these devices from ebay that does not have the same serial number, or must the serial number be exactly the same?

Roar, From Norway

It could be that the ones on ebay are refurbished.
You could do that yourself by sending it off to holland.

Mine was replaced many years ago under warranty, my original one showed
the fridge temp in °.
The new replacement one showed the fridge temp in grades 1 - 6.
that might explain the different numbers so i think it will work.

Hello.
Thank you. Do you have the adress to Holland?

Roar

Root control panel serial no.
7h7 906 453 B wlo 62 299 003a
And 7e7906453 c it’s the same ?

Thank you, that was helpful.
Furthermore, I contacted VW importer in Norway regarding the compatibility of the different serial numbers of the roof control units. I've got the answer that one must find a device with the correct serial number that fits the current Cali. It must nevertheless be encoded to the car.I found one as a passport. :)
The old ones are replaced by the new ones, and are just plug and play. No coding needed.
Changed mine who stayed lit up all the time to the later version (index "C"?) that dimmed all the way. Way better at night, but not so good while driving. You have to push a button to light up the screen to see what is happening. It could use a dim function for nights and a lit up for daytime.

Back