Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement cupboard latches / door catches for lower cupboards on Grand California

F

far.landscape

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
In case someone finds this useful in future…

Two of the catches on the lower cupboards on my GC broke. I found it really difficult to find like for like replacements. Eventually I found the following at high peak conversions (I had to use google image search and a lot of scrolling to find them - it wasn’t easy to find, hence posting here in case of use to someone else).

The chrome part is polished rather than satin, but the catch mechanism itself is exactly the same and worked perfectly (same bolt centres, throw, etc). A 2 minute replacement job which avoided a visit to the dealer, albeit at a small cost.

FYI I also found the satin version on a US website and on a HK web site, both from marine suppliers and at higher prices, but as it’s incredibly unlikely that the button itself would actually need replacing, am not posting here.

2224e1d53f86c546d706c4671089a72e.jpg

db588d6dbe94f0e1e903c9f258549a5b.jpg

(Ignore the yellow colour cast on the photos - they are a match - photos were taken under garage strip light)

Many thanks. I think it may just be worth having one in the spares drawer.

that’s what I did. I ordered enough to repair the failed ones plus have a couple stashed in the van.

We have a 680 and one of the rear upper latches has broken, any idea on replacements?

Back