Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Windscreen Replacement

TW8 GrandCali

TW8 GrandCali

Vehicle
Grand California 600
More of a heads up than discussion or thread-we have been unfortunate enough to have our screen smashed on the motorway by a pheasant, however getting a replacement proved a challenge as two different fitters turned up with the wrong screen as the Reg and VIN number is connected to the Crafter base vehicle and the replacement didn't have the fitment for the rear view mirror.We subsequently were told/found out that only an original VW screen will have this and insurance companies don't like paying VW prices!
We got sorted in the end (5 Weeks) with a lot of too'ing and fro'ing but if you need a new screen make it perfectly clear it is a Grand California as Reg No or Vin No will not end well
Hope this helps someone

More of a heads up than discussion or thread-we have been unfortunate enough to have our screen smashed on the motorway by a pheasant, however getting a replacement proved a challenge as two different fitters turned up with the wrong screen as the Reg and VIN number is connected to the Crafter base vehicle and the replacement didn't have the fitment for the rear view mirror.We subsequently were told/found out that only an original VW screen will have this and insurance companies don't like paying VW prices!
We got sorted in the end (5 Weeks) with a lot of too'ing and fro'ing but if you need a new screen make it perfectly clear it is a Grand California as Reg No or Vin No will not end well
Hope this helps someone
Thank you for the information…This is interesting as I have just had a windscreen replaced last week. It is not a VW original, so I will have to watch my windscreen! Please could you provide some details on where you were finding the water from your previous windscreen please?

Thanks for the heads up- we have been on the road for the last 5 weeks, and about a week ago a stone was kicked up on the highway and we ended up with a chip and a star. We tried to get it replaced in Italy, but they said a week to get it and since it was our final week we decided to wait until we get home later this week. We will be sure to advise our insurance of this issue with the part to ensure we get the correct new!

Thank you for the information…This is interesting as I have just had a windscreen replaced last week. It is not a VW original, so I will have to watch my windscreen! Please could you provide some details on where you were finding the water from your previous windscreen please?
The original was totally shattered on motorway when a pheasant hit, after the replacement was fitted water was coming from the top about 5 inches from A pillar on passenger side and down middle and also from within the plastic trim where the rain sensor and air bag light etc is.I've got to admit it was a bit gutting to turn windscreen wipers on and be left with water streaks still on screen!!Out of interest has your replacement got the rear view mirror fixings on??

The original was totally shattered on motorway when a pheasant hit, after the replacement was fitted water was coming from the top about 5 inches from A pillar on passenger side and down middle and also from within the plastic trim where the rain sensor and air bag light etc is.I've got to admit it was a bit gutting to turn windscreen wipers on and be left with water streaks still on screen!!Out of interest has your replacement got the rear view mirror fixings on??
Thanks for the info. i didn’t see them fix the windscreen, but i cannot see any difference with how the rear view mirror looks compared to the last windscreen. My windscreen also has the electric heating option, not sure if that would make any difference on the type used.

Last edited:
Back