Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement leisure batteries - 2011

emma harvey

emma harvey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hiya, we’ve had issues with our leisure batteries and I think we will need to replace them. So
1) where can I buy replacement ones for a good price?
2) are they easy to fit?

Thank you!

Yes pretty easy. Lots of good info on here about the procedure. Took an hour to do both but only becuse I had to nip out to Machine Mart and by a socket (spline??) to fit the front seat bolts! - could probably do it in half the time now I know what I'm doing.

I relaced them a few weeks ago and the best I found were from here and they arrived from Germany in two days. I believe they are the equivalent of the originals fitted, albeit the VW supplied ones are black, they are 80ah.

Varta LA80 battery

Thank you!!!
I think there may be a thing about removing both the negatives first and then
making sure that they are wrapped with a rubber glove or something to
make sure that they don't touch the van.

Or i might have dreamt it.

I think there may be a thing about removing both the negatives first and then
making sure that they are wrapped with a rubber glove or something to
make sure that they don't touch the van.

Or i might have dreamt it.

That sounds important!!! Thank you!!!

That sounds important!!! Thank you!!!

here's some reading for you.

My 2010 Cali, batteries are still going strong and really no notable decline from when new. Last 4 years the ‘leisure pair’ have had Rogers Cali Solar supporting them.

Have had over 30 years using batteries in both a Boating & Cali environment and I tend to use and abuse them, if you take my point. Have never had less than 10 years out of a set.

Tanya Batteries

Check this thread out on how to change batteries...

My set of LA80s are arriving Friday from Tanya Batteries.
That was my original plan - unfortunately they didn't arrive when promised and they then said they didn't have any stock which is why I wen to the other supplier in the end. Hope you dont have any problems.

I would recommend disconnecting the engine battery too to avoid airbag warnings being activated unless you have a means to reset codes.

The front battery you will need to loosen or even remove the seat to get at.