Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Lower Front Bumper Grille Inserts

E

Elrao

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Got my California back from the dealer today, who had it back to refit the ABT spoiler they made a mess of originally. This time it went to a bodyshop, who have done a far better (not perfect) job...but...they broke one of the lower grills and scratched one of the others (presumable removing it with a screwdriver or similar and not a proper trim tool).

Dealer has offered to send me a full set of Leighton Vans trims in Gloss Black

The catch is that I have to replace them myself (or pay to have this done), as it is a 400 mile round trip to the dealer I bought it from!

Can't decide if gloss black will look OK with a pearl black bumper, or will look weird as they are nearly the same ...but not quite! Anyone seen this in the flesh, and anyone seen them on a black vehicle?

Here a photo from a google search

i think that looks pretty good

hope that helps visualise

5EEA9CC9-A4DB-484C-A90E-35A9B6D4E9CD.jpeg

B8067BBC-F544-4B48-83CA-CD2A599A1076.jpeg

Thanks, I found some on Google (but never sure if it is Deep Black Pearl or another Black) and there are some on Leighton's website (although their desktop website has issues at the moment) and it isn't easy to see the difference in colour in a wide angle shot.

They seem to fit a lot of them to the black vans though - but might mean I need to update the grill too (more cost).

Shame it is a bumper off job to fit them, turns a 5 minute job into a couple of hours (and two people, to get the bumper off / on)

Thanks, I found some on Google (but never sure if it is Deep Black Pearl or another Black) and there are some on Leighton's website (although their desktop website has issues at the moment) and it isn't easy to see the difference in colour in a wide angle shot.

They seem to fit a lot of them to the black vans though - but might mean I need to update the grill too (more cost).

Shame it is a bumper off job to fit them, turns a 5 minute job into a couple of hours (and two people, to get the bumper off / on)
Ask the Dealer to pay for a body shop to fit them
or
ask them to do it and pay your expenses and overnight accommodation!
it’s there issue to fix and keep you happy, clearly they have assumed responsibility therefore they should do what is reasonable to prevent you from further loss and out of pocket expenses

if you don’t ask you won’t know!

you could insist they replace the damage part and collect your vehicle and deliver it back on a flat bed ! The cost of which will far outweigh the cost of a third part body shop fitting the parts (and the dealer paying )

This is what I have today
761b7738-aaf9-4467-8c4d-63e88856fafd-jpeg.88123

168c27af-892a-4d95-ae8c-8d1955067fcb-jpeg.88122

Back