Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Safe Keys

MichaelB

MichaelB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi

Being a belt and braces kinda guy I was hoping to get a copy of my safe keys cut. Turns out it would be easier to buy 3 leaf clover or rocking hourse poo for the roses. Anyone managed to get some safe keys cut?

I know you probably have asked Michael but can vw not get some from the key no :?:

Yeap... VW pointed me in the direction of the safe manufacturer. The German safe manufacturer pointed me in the direction of the UK distributer and the UK distributer say we'll ask the manufacturer who then said "we sell them as a unit to VW".

It was at this point the sound of a broken man hitting a brick wall was heard in a leafy part of west country.

I was hoping the plannet may have aligned for someone else and they would know the magic spell to get what is just a set of keys.

I think these will be the locks in use -

http://www.dirak.de/uploads/katalog_pag ... _1-054.pdf

Would it achieve what you want to do by purchasing a couple of replacement locks but with the 'Keyed Alike' option?

I'm guessing you've been to these already but perhaps they could supply a replacement lock.

Dirak UK Ltd
6 Pegasus Court,
North Lane,
Aldershot,
Hampshire,
United Kingdom,
GU12 4QP,
T : 01252 333864
F : 01252 333862
W : www.dirak.co.uk
E : info@dirak.co.uk

Hi Stu

That is really helpful thanks. The link has lead me to a different uk sales distributer so I will try them. How did you track down the lock type?

The lock item number is in the ETKA, the parts catalogue. :thumb

Once I had that I could find it on their German site.

To be honest they are a very common lock so if it proved prohibitive to go direct you could source them elsewhere.

Thanks for all your help Stu

I spoke to a nice lady at FAParkes who said she would do her best to get some keys for my existing lock. It will take a few weeks but I will report back when I get them.

Cheers

MichaelB said:
Thanks for all your help Stu

I spoke to a nice lady at FAParkes who said she would do her best to get some keys for my existing lock. It will take a few weeks but I will report back when I get them.

Cheers

Is that the Dirak UK agent in Aldershot?

I've not looked but are the current keys numbered?

No they are in Lancashire. Yes the keys are numbered

Has anyone managed to get a spare one? I spoke to the UK distributor yesterday and it wants £45 for two keys :censor as it has a minimum order price. VW told me that they can't get them.

I was hoping there might be a cheaper way

Thanks in advance for any wisdom that may be shared

Try and find a proper old school hardware shop with a key cutting service. The (now quite rare) old school places can work miracles.

Parkes was a brilliant suggestion thank you. Total of £12.55 inc vat and delivery for the two blanks. I then paid £2 each to get them cut

If more people want these it may make sense to club together to save postage as this was about £10 of the price.

Just ordered a couple of DIRAK safe key blanks Silca DL1R from Office Specialities Ltd for £0.75 each plus £0.87 postage +vat the took them to my local locksmiths and got them both cut for £3.00 so all in £5.37 + vat for two safe keys and a perfect fit!

IMG_20210403_141115685_HDR~2.jpg

Back