Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reset interior light

Ian Allan

Ian Allan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Evening all,

I recently installed a solar panel from camper solar solutions which I am very happy with, but after the installation my under unit interior light is turned on. It switches off when my cali is locked and also switches off when the engine is started. I can only assume that there is some sort of setting within the control panel to manage the settings of interior lights.

Advice please :thumb

IMG_0169.jpeg

You need to press top switch on the end of the kitchen unit, pressing twice to change from driving mode to camping mode. Hold to alter brightness.
No ignition required even in driving mode it goes with locking/unlocking the van.
You are currently in driving mode where it comes on when you unlock.

Thank you Mr T, Ive just went out and sorted it on your advice.

So much to learn and its great that so many people are here to help. Thanks

Glad to help. As you say lots to learn but luckily there is a wealth of experience on this forum, have a good browse around, use the search function to help find info on specific issues and of course ask away!

Also, with the drivers door open, if you press the top button twice quickly in succession, then the strip light will flash. You have two modes on this light, one will come on and act like the cab lights IE when you open doors etc (sounds like you have this setting set already) and the second option is it only comes on when pressing the button manually.
Im still having trouble with mine, and a few other people are as well. i believe there is a fix solution out there somewhere, basically mine comes back on when the van is locked up. Some dodgy wiring somewhere

Also, with the drivers door open, if you press the top button twice quickly in succession, then the strip light will flash. You have two modes on this light, one will come on and act like the cab lights IE when you open doors etc (sounds like you have this setting set already) and the second option is it only comes on when pressing the button manually.
Im still having trouble with mine, and a few other people are as well. i believe there is a fix solution out there somewhere, basically mine comes back on when the van is locked up. Some dodgy wiring somewhere

Thanks for the advice, so much to learn yet. I will have to play around with the settings to sort it out.

Back