Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Resetting control panel to get roof up/down

H

Hoftha

i have a 2005 California and meet some problems with the elevation/descending of the roof. I suppose the problem is caused by the control panel.

Often when the roof is up it will not come down. If I chose "close" in the control panel, there is not any response. I found out that, when I take out the relay of the control panel and put it back in again, the problem is fixed (I did not replace the relay, just put back in the old one which is still fine)
As this is happening quite often, I get irritated and almost wish there was a crank to regulate the roof manually.

Vw dealer doesn't recognize the problem and cannot fix it.
Does anyone of you know this problem. And more interesting, does anyone know a more permanent solution the plug in/out the relay each time(which is on a stupid place under the driverseat, hard to reach......but I did a become a pro in that now........)

Thanx!

Remko

Might be worth a try. Reset unit by pressing bottom R button for at least 5 seconds. Reboots unit software.

Welcome on your first post ,

As for your problem , if your dealer says he can't fix it ....no good dealer
Did you ever think of replacing the relais , maybe it is faulty ...
Or did the dealer ever tested it with another control unit ...to check it yours is faulty?

i have a 2005 California and meet some problems with the elevation/descending of the roof. I suppose the problem is caused by the control panel.

Often when the roof is up it will not come down. If I chose "close" in the control panel, there is not any response. I found out that, when I take out the relay of the control panel and put it back in again, the problem is fixed (I did not replace the relay, just put back in the old one which is still fine)
As this is happening quite often, I get irritated and almost wish there was a crank to regulate the roof manually.

Vw dealer doesn't recognize the problem and cannot fix it.
Does anyone of you know this problem. And more interesting, does anyone know a more permanent solution the plug in/out the relay each time(which is on a stupid place under the driverseat, hard to reach......but I did a become a pro in that now........)

Thanx!

Remko
Remko
Hi, can you tell me where this relay is please as I have the same problem?!
Thanks
Ian

Back