Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Residuals for newly banned colour Calis?

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
In light of the announcement yesterday by the National Parks Authority that from 2022 only MHs and campervans of "visually non-intrusive" colours will be allowed to stay overnight within park boundaries, what is likely to be the effect on residual values of grape yellow vans and the rest?

Anyone who's just ordered Ascot grey is going to be happy. I think/hope our van will qualify as "dark blue" when they publish the detailed list (will there be a colour chart?).

In light of the announcement yesterday by the National Parks Authority that from 2022 only MHs and campervans of "visually non-intrusive" colours will be allowed to stay overnight within park boundaries, what is likely to be the effect on residual values of grape yellow vans and the rest?

Anyone who's just ordered Ascot grey is going to be happy. I think/hope our van will qualify as "dark blue" when they publish the detailed list (will there be a colour chart?).
Grape yellow vans will be exempt from the new restrictions (but only when being used for poultry or other livestock transportation)

Brandrup have announced they will be researching a new line of chicken coops in matching colours.

Don’t forget chrome kits will also be affected, due to their effects on the magpie population.

As what is loosly refered to as "wild campers," we've always gone for dark greys for this very reason. Not wanting to be a blot on the landscape.

As what is loosly refered to as "wild campers," we've always gone for dark greys for this very reason. Not wanting to be a blot on the landscape.
PPT looks bright blue and red to me; or is it pink? ;)

Having an "MPV" Cali Beach, I should be exempt. Failing that I'm going to have to find somewhere that is mainly White and dark blue to park against. :thumb

Not a bad idea though......

I was having so much fun reading these posts........

Will my Cali be allowed, its a nice shade of sky blue pink with tartan polka dot motif.

Will my Cali be allowed, its a nice shade of sky blue pink with tartan polka dot motif.
I've been told that taking those little pills found on the floor of the bathroom of a nightclub can do that to a paint job. Some report swirls. Posters here say foam parties are the way to go.

Last edited:
Having an "MPV" Cali Beach, I should be exempt. Failing that I'm going to have to find somewhere that is mainly White and dark blue to park against. :thumb
You could park it at Highlands End after the next "Beast from the East" comes through. I seem to remember that the land was pretty white and the sea was dark blue as usual. Might work from some angles.