Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reverse Polarity

D

Dave Wickham

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good day all
In France, many of the 'camping municipal' sites have reverse polarity. When I used to camp with a tent, I used to re-wire the plug. Will reverse polarity damage the Cali fridge if you DON'T re-wire the plug before plugging in?

Its cool :cool:
plug and play.

Although i don't know what reversed polarity is:)
Get an adapter, plug it in and you're away.

Good day all
In France, many of the 'camping municipal' sites have reverse polarity. When I used to camp with a tent, I used to re-wire the plug. Will reverse polarity damage the Cali fridge if you DON'T re-wire the plug before plugging in?
No problem.
It is only a possible problem using the Mains 230v Socket on the kitchen unit and only then with equipment that has a Metal body as the On/Off Switch On that appliance will be on the U.K. +tve lead. With reversed polarity the On/Off Switch will be On the -tve lead instead so the metal body could remain Live depending on the wiring.
European appliances often have an On/Off Switch which cuts the +tve and -tve leads.

If you want to be totally free of worry get one on these polarity checkers and an adaptor. (sorry I could only find the checker on the at the club shop.

If the polarity checker shows reverse polarity then use the adaptor.
We have used our adaptor about half a doz times in three years visiting eleven countries.