• Thread starter TwentyOneThirtyFive
  • Start date
TwentyOneThirtyFive

TwentyOneThirtyFive

Scruffy looking Nerf herder
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I never realised how bad my reversing lights were until I was trying to park in an unlit FC car park late one moonless night...

Anyway, today I fitted these bulbs.

http://campervanculture.com/shop/reverse-bulb-upgrade-20w-cree-led/

Only done a driveway test but things do seem much improved. Not cheap, but being LED I'm expecting a very long life from them.

Front end next...

dan

Is there not a legal max wattage for a reversing light?

I've a feeling it's 5W? I think it goes back to the dim and distant past pre gearbox switches for reverse lights.

I think the reason was to avoid having a bright white light facing backwards being lef ton my the driver.

S.

Dan,

You have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shhhhh! If my project manager finds out I'll get given some more of that dreadful 'W' stuff. :shocked

I have just fitted the led bulbs recommended by Martin (from amazon) and they are really bright. Great for reversing on dark campsites!
Thanks Martin.

I have never lokked to see if I have one or two lamps on my van. 2012 California.

steviej said:
I have just fitted the led bulbs recommended by Martin (from amazon) and they are really bright. Great for reversing on dark campsites!
Thanks Martin.
is your van a T5 facelift? Not sure if the bulb is the same for all T5's. Did you need 1 or 2 bulbs?
Thanks

Yes I think its called a facelift.

Lady H.JPG

steviej said:
Thanks Martin.

Hi Steve, I fitted mine last week as we now live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by dark country lanes! These do make a massive difference, very worthwhile upgrade that only takes around five minutes to fit.

Like wise just fitted. Bit surprised that each light cluster needs 6 screws to be undone. Wouldn't fancy doing that on a dark night if a brake or rear bulb had blown.

It is a low price, feel good upgrade though. Certainly cheaper than a set of xenons!
Any more suggestions along this line??

I've just upgraded my reversing lights to the LED lamps as recommended, here's a picture comparing new with existing, one on each side

956438EC-1805-40A6-804F-7BEE534EB4E1_zpsssdwmjcb.jpg

A significant improvement, better colour (imo) and shouldn't need replacing anytime soon :thumb

Although as soon as I had it apart I did wonder if I should upgrade all the other bulbs for led versions for longevity, but I think that's probably overkill!!

Back