Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ridge Monkey advice

Milly Molly

Milly Molly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everyone

I am planning to buy a Ridge Monkey with detachable handles from the club shop, but I wanted a little bit of advice. We are a family of four (two teenagers) - should we go for one Ridge Monkey Connect XL or two? What does everyone think of the Connect Combi & Steamer set? I can't decide between:
  • 1 x XL
  • 2 x XL
  • 1 x XL & 1 x Combi & Steamer set
TIA

Mandy

Hi everyone

I am planning to buy a Ridge Monkey with detachable handles from the club shop, but I wanted a little bit of advice. We are a family of four (two teenagers) - should we go for one Ridge Monkey Connect XL or two? What does everyone think of the Connect Combi & Steamer set? I can't decide between:
  • 1 x XL
  • 2 x XL
TIA

Mandy
I’ve no experience of the steamer, but the XL isn’t as large as I expected. 2 x XL would let you use both burners and feed all 4 more quickly

Thanks everyone. I was leaning towards 2 pans. Does anyone have a Combi one? Would you recommend?

We use an XL and agree that you could do with 2 for a family - heating pizza etc. No experience of the Combi, however and to expand your options to consider, we used a Multi Purpose Pan and Griddle Set, and it’s brilliant! the lid does interchange with the XL, but we found it was great to cook things like stews, sauté potatoes, even beans and soup. The lid stops all the mess of cooking, and can be used to grill food like meat before adding to a stew.

I don’t wish to cause a big fight; I wouldn’t recommend at all I’m sorry to say... The spring and button fell out and the pan fell off while I held the handle. Fortunately there was no injury

Hi everyone

• 1 x XL
  • 2 x XL
TIA

Mandy
Interesting. I have just taken ours out of the van. We must be the only people on earth who don't use it. My wife, who is a truly excellent cook, manages quite well without it. We use the Tefal set with the removable handle.

I don’t wish to cause a big fight; I wouldn’t recommend at all I’m sorry to say... The spring and button fell out and the pan fell off while I held the handle. Fortunately there was no injury
That happened to us but a bit of glue sorted it out not done it since this should not put people off buying one

Same here, but got new handles under warranty. I think they had a bad batch.

Interesting. I have just taken ours out of the van. We must be the only people on earth who don't use it. My wife, who is a truly excellent cook, manages quite well without it. We use the Tefal set with the removable handle.
We have both. I like the Ridgemonkey for some things - toasties and fryups mainly.

We use an XL and agree that you could do with 2 for a family - heating pizza etc. No experience of the Combi, however and to expand your options to consider, we used a Multi Purpose Pan and Griddle Set, and it’s brilliant! the lid does interchange with the XL, but we found it was great to cook things like stews, sauté potatoes, even beans and soup. The lid stops all the mess of cooking, and can be used to grill food like meat before adding to a stew.
Great - thank you. I'll have a look at that one.

Back