Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 stuck in continual boot loop

shaunchivers

shaunchivers

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have an issue with my RNS 510 unit where it appears to be stuck in a boot cycle. The boot screen image is corrupt (see image) and disapears after 60s before being displayed again.

I have done the usual force reboot, reloaded the software from SD card and have even disconnected the supply fuse to do a forced cold start. I had a 'Data Check' for error codes today by a garage that was sorting another issue (wheel speed sensor) which shows the 'Mediaplayer 3 OK' - I was sort of hoping it may have provided a clue.

Does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions?

IMG_0395.JPG

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds

Had the same issues and its software issue and can easily be sorted via an update at your VW garage.

I had a similar issue. The VW software update did not fix the issue. The whole head unit was replaced under VW warranty. Potential cost was just over £2000. If it had not been covered by VW warranty then I would have looked at an alternative head unit brand - potentially Kenwood.

Thanks for all the comments. Its now booked into VW for investigation along with some unrelated recalls so lets see what they have to say - no doubt ££.

Back