Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rock and roll bed cable

Derry

Derry

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi All

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a new cable for the rock and roll bed its the release cable to slide the bed forward which pulls the pins up to allow it to slide forward, the right cable has snapped.

I've tried Gunzl's with no luck?

Hi All

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a new cable for the rock and roll bed its the release cable to slide the bed forward which pulls the pins up to allow it to slide forward, the right cable has snapped.

I've tried Gunzl's with no luck?

Hello. Seems it’s made up of two parts (11 and 12 in the diagram), do you know which is broken?

caec219eac295488364afbf3880a842a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bent bit of metal that goes through the operating handle has snapped off the end of the cable

Thanks for your help but the panic is over :D managed to repair it.

The alloy hook that snapped off I managed to drill a 1.5mm hole in the end to put the cable back in then hammered the end of the hook to close the hole on to the cable. Top tip if anyone else does this repair is to shorten the outer cable by 1cm before hammering the hook back on to the cable as the cable will be shorter and won't reach.

All working now and fingers crossed it lasts. :bananadance2

Phew. Glad you got it sorted. Not too sure where you could get a replacement from if VW don’t have any. The next closest thing I could think of was a Beetle throttle cable - they’re the same at one end (the one you fixed) but you’d have to create some kind of loop at the other end where it attaches to the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Derry, I seem to have the same issue. did you access the cables from the back of the rock and roll bed?

Back