Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear sliding seat cable

B

Ben Rawling

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I've managed to snap the cable that pulls the pins up to allow the rear seat to slide backwards and forwards. I can still move the seat forwards and backwards by opening up the seat and then just pulling it up by hand but does anyone know where I can buy a new cable? I've searched on google but not really sure of the name of the cable or where I should be looking! Thanks

Hey Ben. That's all very frustrating. I've been looking around to find a parts diagram with a part number. Turns out there are two cables, one long, one short. You could try your local VW dealer and see if they can help out - you'd be surprised what they can still get hold of - the bed seat design was still in production til 2003/4. The short cable (RH) has the part number 701070214 and the long cable (LH) is 701070215. Hope that helps.

I just repaired mine yesterday using a bicycle brake cable. The long cable broke on mine. It fits fine through the cable housing. I used the smaller of the two cast ends that the cable comes with at the handle side and wrapped the cable around the bolt head then over the top of the pin and around the nut in the opposite direction sort of like a figure eight. It seems fine now but longevity may be an issue as the cable is not aligned well where it passes through the handle.

Thanks all, really helpful I appreciate it. cskins was it straightforward to fit or do I need to take seat out to do?

Sorry about the delay in response. I have been without internet to awhile. I did the job with the seat in the van but had to move it all the way forward to the removal position and tilt it back to get to the screws that hold the plastic trim with the bins in it. Then I could get to the handle to replace the cable.
I attached a photo of the wrap job around the bolt that held the old cable at the pin1471369725038-2088185495.jpg

Back