Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof alarm

S

Shezlouise

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi! I have a 15 plate Cali with the roof alarm sounding when stationary. It says it’s open when it’s not but can’t put the roof up either.
Any ideas please? Thank you!

Hi! I have a 15 plate Cali with the roof alarm sounding when stationary. It says it’s open when it’s not but can’t put the roof up either.
Any ideas please? Thank you!
What does the roof symbol show ?

There are three symbols 1. Closed (as below) 2. Fully open and 3.Partially Open

If the roof symbol appears fully open (roof line @45 degrees) then the system thinks the roof is already open and thus the alarm and won't open as it thinks it is .

1719482068165.png

Check for error messages.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Press L lower button again.

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

What does the roof symbol show ?

There are three symbols 1. Closed (as below) 2. Fully open and 3.Partially Open

If the roof symbol appears fully open (roof line @45 degrees) then the system thinks the roof is already open and thus the alarm and won't open as it thinks it is .

View attachment 125302
Thank you so much! Yes it shows the roof is open already. Do you have an idea what to do about that please? Thank you!

Thank you so much! Yes it shows the roof is open already. Do you have an idea what to do about that please? Thank you!
So it is likely that one or more of the roof sensors has failed. I assume the roof icon is not flashing.

As the statement from @Lambeth Cali - worth checking for fault codes and resetting, but I suspect due to the fact that you get the warning message/sound for roof open, I think the system just thinks the roof is open.

@Lambeth Cali - has a DIY guide for changing the sensors, using BMW parts - the complexity will be getting the roof open when it thinks it is open, as the roof will be locked down and will probably need the pump operated directly (lots of posts on how to do this) But try the reset first.

A

So it is likely that one or more of the roof sensors has failed. I assume the roof icon is not flashing.

As the statement from @Lambeth Cali - worth checking for fault codes and resetting, but I suspect due to the fact that you get the warning message/sound for roof open, I think the system just thinks the roof is open.

@Lambeth Cali - has a DIY guide for changing the sensors, using BMW parts - the complexity will be getting the roof open when it thinks it is open, as the roof will be locked down and will probably need the pump operated directly (lots of posts on how to do this) But try the reset first.

A
Thanks A..yes it’s flashing. Sounds bad?
I have found the error code which is 1000, it suggests I erase it by pressing escape 5S but not sure how to. Have tried pressing the back arrow button but it does nothing?
Thanks for your quick reply

Check for error messages.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Press L lower button again.

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.
Thanks so much Lambeth Cali..have found the error code (1000) but unsure how to reset? Tried pressing the back arrow button 5 times, and holding it down for 5 seconds but nothing worked. Really appreciate your help!

Thanks A..yes it’s flashing. Sounds bad?
I have found the error code which is 1000, it suggests I erase it by pressing escape 5S but not sure how to. Have tried pressing the back arrow button but it does nothing?
Thanks for your quick reply
5s is just hold the back arrow for 5 secs and it might clear. If it does then you are lucky, but if it does then get the sensors changes ASAP, if you can open the roof then the sensor change becomes much easier!

5s is just hold the back arrow for 5 secs and it might clear. If it does then you are lucky, but if it does then get the sensors changes ASAP, if you can open the roof then the sensor change becomes much easier!
Yikes, no luck resetting it.
Thanks for your help!

Or Kernow Transporters can fix it

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks!
Great effort on your part wow..as a single mum of 2 tiny tots I’m not sure I’m up for giving that a try right now.
I’ll def give your recommendation a call, thanks!
If you happen to know anyone closer to the midlands I’d so appreciate you letting me know.
Waited for ages to use it and now this with the roof haha typical eh!

Back