Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof issue. One side of roof is not flush

B

Baylinerjersey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all.

Hopefully you can help. Our roof when manually dropped, the right side feels as if it’s not clipped in tightly. Both clasps are done correctly but the right is not flush and it has bounce when I push down the corner of the roof, it’s not quite flush with the front part of the roof.
is this to do with the way the pop up lining is folded? The van is only 4 days old

Thanks

AB58AA55-9084-4F47-A694-4EBD7480031B.png

You could check to make sure there is no debris or loose items that are blocking the roof from closing properly. We had the roof sensors changed under warranty and when we got the van back from the dealer we saw the same thing. Turned out that they had left one of the old sensor covers up there which meant one side was not flush when closed. It needed a proper look from a step ladder to find it.

You can adjust the clips to pull down tighter. They are on slots. Late edit.Here's my 2016 ocean roof sitting flush and tight both sides

20220803_100947.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all will take look later

Can you share some photos of the issue with the forum?

Hi all.

Hopefully you can help. Our roof when manually dropped, the right side feels as if it’s not clipped in tightly. Both clasps are done correctly but the right is not flush and it has bounce when I push down the corner of the roof, it’s not quite flush with the front part of the roof.
is this to do with the way the pop up lining is folded? The van is only 4 days old

Thanks

View attachment 95565
the awning brackets push it over a little . lift the roof and you can see where they are hard against the rubber seal.

Check the upper mattress is perfectly flat and has not slid backwards, even slightly (happens when the headliner / bed is pushed up to make head room)

also check the bellows material has not got trapped in the scissor mechs, even a small bit,

both can cause the roof to resist closing down fully.

on my T6 the securing buckles are attached to the chassis with two screw fixings that allow a bit of adjustment, the fixings are only visible when the clasp buckle is open, is this the case on the T6.1 ?

edit: check the scissor mech from outside there should be two bits of clear plastic reinforced pipe fitted to the mech which assist it?
if you can’t find it I’ll find a post or two on the subject

if none of the above suggest a warranty visit to a dealer

Check the upper mattress is perfectly flat and has not slid backwards, even slightly (happens when the headliner / bed is pushed up to make head room)

also check the bellows material has not got trapped in the scissor mechs, even a small bit,

both can cause the roof to resist closing down fully.

on my T6 the securing buckles are attached to the chassis with two screw fixings that allow a bit of adjustment, the fixings are only visible when the clasp buckle is open, is this the case on the T6.1 ?

edit: check the scissor mech from outside there should be two bits of clear plastic reinforced pipe fitted to the mech which assist it?
if you can’t find it I’ll find a post or two on the subject

if none of the above suggest a warranty visit to a dealer
Thanks will check also

Same on ours, hasn't caused any problem that I'm aware of! Have checked through most of the above suggestions, but not mentioned it to the dealer. I'm happy with feeling that it ain't broke :thumb

@Baylinerjersey - did you manage to resolve the issue. Mine is going into the dealer tomorrow so will let you know the outcome.

Dealer seems to think there is nothing wrong, going to keep an eye on it. I may go back and push them to look again.

Regards

Back