Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof lining retaining grommet

Y

Yorkdubshire

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, just received some roof liner retaining grommets from the dealer as one of mine had broken. Either this had caught on the bellows zip of the ribs that are sewn in. All you have to do is line it up and either push in (if you have a strong thumb) or give it a little tap with your weapon of choice.
fbfb7fcfab938bf2a61773d60b61bc0e.jpg

960f4b63c9bc2b284cfcdec8e3dfee09.jpg

7952913606ba9cb13852f4995bec5f58.jpg

Thought I'd share in case anyone else finds one broken but I think it's probably an isolated occurrence.

Hi all, just received some roof liner retaining grommets from the dealer as one of mine had broken. Either this had caught on the bellows zip of the ribs that are sewn in. All you have to do is line it up and either push in (if you have a strong thumb) or give it a little tap with your weapon of choice.
fbfb7fcfab938bf2a61773d60b61bc0e.jpg

960f4b63c9bc2b284cfcdec8e3dfee09.jpg

7952913606ba9cb13852f4995bec5f58.jpg

Thought I'd share in case anyone else finds one broken but I think it's probably an isolated occurrence.
Not unknown on the T5.:thumb

One of mine has also ended its days. The read right over the kitchen … getting it sorted (among other stuff) under warranty soon. I think you just press it in, but be aware the old broken parts are not obstructing.

I got some from TPS but different part number, N90201601Y20 Description Plug. 50p each. easy to fit.

Old thread - but i have found three of my near side fixing plugs have broken off. I have investigated the issue and reckon its to do with the bed construction. The fixings have broken on 'my' side of the bunk and not on my wife's side. it seems my additional weight when manoeuvring around the upper bed is putting pressure on the roof lining - through the mattress and the slats. The lining fixings are simple plastic lugs that break off if stressed.

I have one broken down on me very early, but I have not replaced it up to now.
A part is still sticking out, keeping the lining in place along with the other intacts.
Might replace it once, but not sure when.

Old thread - but i have found three of my near side fixing plugs have broken off. I have investigated the issue and reckon its to do with the bed construction. The fixings have broken on 'my' side of the bunk and not on my wife's side. it seems my additional weight when manoeuvring around the upper bed is putting pressure on the roof lining - through the mattress and the slats. The lining fixings are simple plastic lugs that break off if stressed.
Well the upper bed is only rated for a total of 150kgms weight, according to VW.

Back