Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rack heights

Karlos Fandango

Karlos Fandango

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello

I am looking to add either some Thule or Whisp roof bars to my 2018 Cali Beach. Does anyone know what height these add to the vehicle as I'd like to know if I can still garage it.

If the roof bars make it too tall is it a flaff putting the bars on and off - to be fair they will only be used on big 'surf trips".

Does anyone have either of these roof bars? Preferences?

Thanks you so much everyone.

Karlo

Post in thread 'Roofrack for California / Caravelle'

Whispbars - 209cm approx

Can be removed / refitted in less than a minute!

IMG_8771.jpeg

Chip butty you are my guardian angel at the moment! So I am guessing you recommend these over the Thule Aero bars? Any recommended retailer?

Cheers pard!

Chip butty you are my guardian angel at the moment! So I am guessing you recommend these over the Thule Aero bars? Any recommended retailer?

Cheers pard!

Yes, I have had Thule in the past but these are Whispbar are cheaper and I prefer the design. They also have a longer slot on the underside (versus Thule) so also can fit a wider range of 2nd cars with a narrower roof, as allow legs to move closer to the centre.

Last edited:
Perfect! Thanks
If you were local yes…but they are too long to post!…had them for sale for ages with no interest so they are keeping the spiders happy in the garage at the moment.

Roofbox sell them - looks like design has been updated.

How much do you want for them? Parcel Force will collect a 150cm parcel for £30. Seems a shame to waste them :)

Last question: which are easier to put on and off Whisp or Thule?

Many thanks

Perfect! Thanks

How much do you want for them? Parcel Force will collect a 150cm parcel for £30. Seems a shame to waste them :)

Last question: which are easier to put on and off Whisp or Thule?

Many thanks

Back