Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rails

O

Ollie913

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all , can someone tell me if theve had these type of rails fitted to their van before , I can’t get my head around what feet fit these , hopefully someone can give me an idea . Thanks I’m advance

Richy

8EA09FBE-F43C-441B-B822-CB2C0E09FAC8.jpeg

Hi all , can someone tell me if theve had these type of rails fitted to their van before , I can’t get my head around what feet fit these , hopefully someone can give me an idea . Thanks I’m advance

Richy

View attachment 93165
We fitted similar to our T4 roof. They use the same foot fitting as a Cali; The only thing you need to check is the distance between the rails and ensure that whatever roofbars that you buy have enough adjustment underneath to allow the feet to slide inwards enough to meet your van rails. (From memory Whispbars have more adjustment underneath versus Thule, but if you contact someone like Roofbox.co.uk they will be able to advise you)

See photo, non Cali feet but you can see the adjustment slot on the underside of the bars:

9D5162CE-10E6-4B05-93C6-87D3F42ED317.jpeg

Last edited:
These are Reimo Aktiv rails. I bought a set to see if they would be any good for my roofrack project.

I could not understand why they are made like this, until I saw them fitted to a Reimo roof - then it all makes sense because they fit to the contours of that roof. When fitted to a 3rd party roof (as in the photo), the rails are mounted "inside out" compared to the Reimo set-up, otherwise they would just look daft.

These rails only have a 10mm slot depth so if you secure to the roof with raised headed screws there is very little room for sliding a retaining nut in - should use a countersunk screw really.

I am in the process of making my own version of this for attaching my roofrack to pop-tops. It will be a bit deeper and will effectively be the same as the California track system, but will be more rigid that the Reimo profile.

John

These are Reimo Aktiv rails. I bought a set to see if they would be any good for my roofrack project.

I could not understand why they are made like this, until I saw them fitted to a Reimo roof - then it all makes sense because they fit to the contours of that roof. When fitted to a 3rd party roof (as in the photo), the rails are mounted "inside out" compared to the Reimo set-up, otherwise they would just look daft.

These rails only have a 10mm slot depth so if you secure to the roof with raised headed screws there is very little room for sliding a retaining nut in - should use a countersunk screw really.

I am in the process of making my own version of this for attaching my roofrack to pop-tops. It will be a bit deeper and will effectively be the same as the California track system, but will be more rigid that the Reimo profile.

John
Cheers I’ve just googled the aktiv rails and found the feet etc straight away

Back