Roof repair threads

Loz

Loz

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi Martin
Do you think "you" that's the royal 'you' mods collective could move the 2/3 topics involving the roof repairs and watchdog topics into the bodywork topic area and out of general discussion?
They are dominating the new posts lists and I will be able to ignore the new posts if they are in the correct sub topic area..

KR Loz.

The thing is people just keep starting new topics on roof corrosion/ repairs .
And most don't bother using the correct subcategory and put everything in general ...

If you give us a list on witch topics you think are in the wrong subcat. we will look at it and put them correct;)

We are keeping these in general for now so they get maximum coverage, they will be moved back to the relevant area soon. This problem may even be effecting the T6 (elevating roof) so it needs to be kept in everyones minds.

@Loz , we discussed this with a few mods and we belive it would be better to leave it as it is now .....as Martin says above.
This is not a personal decision

You can ignore the topic if you like.

You can ignore the topic if you like.

You cannot stop the posts listing in the 'New Posts' unless they are in a topic area I have chosen to ignore. I do not want to ignore the whole "General topic" which was why I asked for them to be put in their correct topic area else why have all the areas?

But I understand how important this is to everyone, I am just getting fed up with it in my face and it is dominating the whole club forum in this respect.

I thought this is supposed to be a club forum not a lobbying group.
2016-10-11_08-47-37.png
This domain is available and maybe a dedicated site could be set up :)

Last edited:
You cannot stop the posts listing in the 'New Posts' unless they are in a topic area I have chosen to ignore. I do not want to ignore the whole "General topic" which was why I asked for them to be put in their correct topic area else why have all the areas?

But I understand how important this is to everyone, I am just getting fed up with it in my face and it is dominating the whole club forum in this respect.

I thought this is supposed to be a club forum not a lobbying group.
View attachment 16980
This domain is available and maybe a dedicated site could be set up :)

You will feel differently I thnk when it is your Cali roof paint that is bubbling:thumb

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
This is not an isolated problem, it will affect all Cali owners at some point even the T6 possibly. Not sure I like the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.

This is not an isolated problem, it will affect all Cali owners at some point even the T6 possibly. Not sure I like the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.
DONT START a discussion in this thread about it as well! :headbang :):)

Its not an I'm alright jack attitude AT ALL, I am one of the people who try to post constructively on topics about things I can help with and I currently have nothing constructive to say on the matter so I simply want to use the forum features to pass these by.

The forum alerted me back in 2012 when our van was new to look out for roof corrosion so I was "aware" when it developed. Pressure from the forum assisted in us getting the full repair.
The forum also alerted me to the Moo valve issue and update replacement even when VW computer said my van had no fault. The forum also alerted me to the importance of roof lowering risks and sold me a bungie.

I feel the forum is a place for general chat and a lobby group when issues are of high importance such as the VW u turn in sorting the roof build issue.

Our Cali has had the raising section repainted twice.

The forum alerted me back in 2012 when our van was new to look out for roof corrosion so I was "aware" when it developed. Pressure from the forum assisted in us getting the full repair.
The forum also alerted me to the Moo valve issue and update replacement even when VW computer said my van had no fault. The forum also alerted me to the importance of roof lowering risks and sold me a bungie.

I feel the forum is a place for general chat and a lobby group when issues are of high importance such as the VW u turn in sorting the roof build issue.
I dont disagree. all I was asking was for the threads to be in the correct topic area, that's all :stop

We have noticed bubbling under our rubber seal, it is all the way round but it is not noticable once the rubber seal is fitted, do I still need to report this?

We have noticed bubbling under our rubber seal, it is all the way round but it is not noticable once the rubber seal is fitted, do I still need to report this?

Yes , most definitely. It will eventually spread outside of the seal.

NOT IN THIS THREAD!

OMG, I wish I hadn't started this topic... good job I didn't mention Bregzit! (opps I did)

It does seem that people don't ever read from the top of the topic just the last post read, I think I'm going to add the reply "sausage" to random topics and see if the conversation changes to sausage sandwiches. :D

MODS please close this topic quick!

Love a sausage sandwich but I do like my sausages to be well done and browned all over, not just a couple of brown stripes.

Ours spread very slowly but is now easily visible above the rubber seal, the bubbles are like little pimples.

Are sausages better if cooked indoors in an SE, or outdoors with a Beach? Also, do DSG owners cook better bangers? ;)