Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Route fron Interlarken to Lake Como

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone have any tips for a route from Interlarken to Lake Como, would like to take in some mountain passes but don't want to drive all day, about 5/6 hours tops. Thanks

Never done it before, but as I can see on Google maps: Grimselpass is the first. Then you can choose between the Nufenenpass or the Furkapass. The Furka is a bigger road. And then you have the Gotthardpass.

Any tips from Swiss members here?

We were in Switzerland last week. The old Gothard pass (Tremola) was really fun to do and with gorgeous views! Very peaceful as well, no traffic at all. Overall try to avoid the long tunnels, you'd be missing some awesome scenery.

I went to Lauterbruunnen / Interlaken a couple of years ago on the motorbike. Unfortunately missed the mountain passes as the roads were still closed due to the snow (went early May). We headed to Turin from Interlaken but be warned, whatever google maps says, I’d suggest adding at least a third to the time google gives you. Saying that I’m absolutely gutted we missed the Grimsel and Furka passes.

Whilst you’re there I’d recommend going to Trummelbach falls just past Lauterbrunnen.

Interlaken to Kandersteg then put your car on the train (drive on drive off & stay in car) to Goppenstein. From there head to Brig then over the Simplon Pass into Italy. No need to book the train, just turn up and pay. Lovely mountains plus the novelty of sitting on a train.

https://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/unterwegs-mit/autoverlad/kandersteg-goppenstein

Here's a link to our video:
(Not our van - we had collected it from the factory in Italy and were delivering it back to the UK for a hire company).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, went on the Furkapass which is great and then took the Nuffenenpass. I would NOT recommend the Nuffenenpass, we found it really ugly, massive electricity pylons and powerlines all the way down. We wished we had stayed on the rest of the Furkapass, much much prettier....