Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safeguard discount?

M

Maje

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Got an online quote from Safeguard a couple of days ago. Thought I would also phone them up and ask about a club discount. Just got off the phone with Safeguard today (Apr 13th) Spoke to a guy called Cameron and was told that any club discount has already been applied if you get a quote online? He said he would inform business partners that the club quote doesn't apply? Is this right? TBH, the quote is not too bad anyway but I'd like to be sure the info is correct!

Mmmm. I’ll be ringing them later this week for my new Coast die soon as they insured my old Dodge Great Western so I’ll ask.

Did you quote the VIP member code, Martin reiterated, (in previous posts) that the discount only applies if you quote the code, not just say up your Cali Crew.
which is understandable as anyone could say they are a VIP

try a call back and quote the code (in the VIP section or on your member paperwork)

Ok, thanks for the reminder P ~ will quote code next time. Put off a little by his rapid dismissal of the whole idea of a VIP discount, I guess. Let me know how you get on, TrevorW!

I have just spoken to our contact at Safeguard, can anyone with an issue PM please so I can pass on your details

Just an update on the Safeguard VIP Offer, the actual 12 months for 10 has now come to an end and is being replaced by a new discount scheme.

The official response from Safeguard is below:

Safeguard are currently working on the details of the new offer for us and will be back to you shortly! In the meantime please call Safeguard on 0333 035 9425 when you mention you have been referred by the 'VW California Owners Club' you will be entered into their £250 monthly prize draw and will also qualify for the member only price.

We are currently in the process of removing advertising on the forum for the old offer and will update as soon as we have more news.

Hi again. I hadn’t seen the above when I rang but got a price on the phone after mentioning club membership. I then checked and told them that it was a VIP membership and was told that all discounts had been applied. I reminded them that it was VIP membership but got the same reply- that all discounts had been applied. Then he asked if I qualified for entry for the free prize draw. I looked at the safeguard leaflet that came with the club membership details I’d got in the post which didn’t mention a prize draw so left it at that. The Safeguard leaflet that came with club membership did state 12 months for the price of 10. I don’t think I got that much discount. Also could be unfair if there to be a gap between the old offer and any new equivalent offer. On the plus side, picking up my Coast on Monday.

That's a shame as I was about to go to Safeguard for insurance but not interested in a prize draw.

Hi again. I hadn’t seen the above when I rang but got a price on the phone after mentioning club membership. I then checked and told them that it was a VIP membership and was told that all discounts had been applied. I reminded them that it was VIP membership but got the same reply- that all discounts had been applied. Then he asked if I qualified for entry for the free prize draw. I looked at the safeguard leaflet that came with the club membership details I’d got in the post which didn’t mention a prize draw so left it at that. The Safeguard leaflet that came with club membership did state 12 months for the price of 10. I don’t think I got that much discount. Also could be unfair if there to be a gap between the old offer and any new equivalent offer. On the plus side, picking up my Coast on Monday.
That's a seriously good plus side! (did get a reduction to my quote of about £60 in the end, but not convinced right policy for me at this time)

That's a seriously good plus side! (did get a reduction to my quote of about £60 in the end, but not convinced right policy for me at this time)
True. 1st ever Cali so looking forward to the pick up tomorrow afternoon.

Back