Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Save it from the children!

jimmywease

jimmywease

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi.
Thanks for all the insight during my Cali research, leading up to yesterday's collection of our ex-demonstrator DSG Beach in Reflex Silver. Plenty of spec but no parking heater (will be seeking heating advice by September...)

Our Beach has the Moonrock seats and the dealer did a pretty good job of getting them clean for collection HOWEVER our kids (6 & 8) have already started getting them (and the carpet) grubby. We would have liked the Inka but they are sold out:
https://www.inka-corp.com/products/...ront-1-1-rear-double-my14?variant=31865922951

Bearing in mind we are going to be skint for a long while following the purchase, can anyone advise? Thanks.

Depends on how important the look of the seats is to you. We went for Brandrup Second Skin because I prefer the original fabric to any others. They come up very nicely on a wool wash with a bit of Vanish Oxi Action thrown in (and this is after being abused by a 2yr old)

Maybe worth investing in some waterproof covers in the short term if looking for a cheaper starting option. Would then be useful to have them in winter.

We also went for Brandrup, yes they are expensive but they are so much nicer than then waterproof ones which we purchased first off, they are VERY industrial and just add to the grey interior making it a very dull place, we wash our Brandrup ones every six months and they come up like new, I would seriously look elsewhere at either Brandrup or something a bit more colourful.

My 2nd hand van came with brandrup 2nd Skin covers, and I must say, they are fantastic. But, they are not waterproof, so not great for very wet muddy dogs. Perfect for protecting against everyday wear and tear from adults. Young kids are probably somewhere in between, so you'll have to make that call.
You'll get over 50% of your purchase price if you sell your Brandrup's on ebay when the time comes.

Thanks very much for the advice. I see your point about the Bandrup maintaining the colour scheme and being washable. I think our kids are more about grubbiness than big spills, so the Bandrup will be great once we have the funds.

I'll try to get something cheap to tide us over in the meantime - handy for winter as you say, Lewis. Any suggestions for which cheap waterproof ones?

I just signed up as a VIP Member for the shop discounts but didn't yet receive a voucher/discount code. Does it take a while?

Thanks very much for the advice. I see your point about the Bandrup maintaining the colour scheme and being washable. I think our kids are more about grubbiness than big spills, so the Bandrup will be great once we have the fun.

I just signed up as a VIP Member for the shop discounts but didn't yet .

You don't get a code/voucher. Click on forum at top of page ,then scroll down to VIP lounge,click on VIP discounts. It's not just the forum shop that gives discount to VIP members.

Thanks very much for the advice. I see your point about the Bandrup maintaining the colour scheme and being washable. I think our kids are more about grubbiness than big spills, so the Bandrup will be great once we have the funds.

I'll try to get something cheap to tide us over in the meantime - handy for winter as you say, Lewis. Any suggestions for which cheap waterproof ones?

I just signed up as a VIP Member for the shop discounts but didn't yet receive a voucher/discount code. Does it take a while?
You will find the discount codes list in "VIP Lounge" near the bottom of the "Forum" page.

Please Beware that cheap may not be compatible with the Air Bags on the Front Seats.:thumb

We nearly purchased the Jackyard ones as we liked the bright colours but when we asked if they were airbag tested they said no! I am surprised ones that are not tested are allowed to be sold?

I would hate to be seating on that seat cover if the air bag goes off! Can't imagine the result.

Thanks very much for the advice. I've just spoken with Inka and ordered the full set of waterproof grey covers. I'll wait until next year to get the Bandrup, then keep the Inka for winter.

Just need to get the seats shampooed and scotchgarded now, before the covers arrive!

We had the inka ones originally & found that whilst they did a good job of keeping the seats clean they were slippery & sweaty to sit on. The Brandrup ones are far, far better in this respect.

Back