Scissor Hinge

• Thread starter AussieCaliBeach
  • Start date
A

AussieCaliBeach

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hi all,

In the past ive put my automatic pop top down and it didnt sit straight so put it back up and down again which seemed to sort itself out.

With this wisdom, I did this without seeing a metal water bottle right down the dark end at the back. As a result its bent the left side scissor hinge. now, the roof is up on that side so not water tight during our australian storm season. Does anyone know a part number for this and how much of a job it is to replace? Ive done alot of searching and think im the only 1 in the world who has done it... lucky me :/ I cant get it into vw for a month as they are busy...

Its a 2021 model cali beach. Im in Australia (which makes it abit more complex as they are not a common vehicle)

Cheers in advance for any help.

Hi all,

In the past ive put my automatic pop top down and it didnt sit straight so put it back up and down again which seemed to sort itself out.

With this wisdom, I did this without seeing a metal water bottle right down the dark end at the back. As a result its bent the left side scissor hinge. now, the roof is up on that side so not water tight during our australian storm season. Does anyone know a part number for this and how much of a job it is to replace? Ive done alot of searching and think im the only 1 in the world who has done it... lucky me :/ I cant get it into vw for a month as they are busy...

Its a 2021 model cali beach. Im in Australia (which makes it abit more complex as they are not a common vehicle)

Cheers in advance for any help.
This might help, 2021 model, but Part number hasn't changed for some years.

Can the hinge be straightened?

This might help, 2021 model, but Part number hasn't changed for some years.

Can the hinge be straightened?
Sorry for the late reply... Im a lousy first time poster...Thank you so much! I think it could be straightened but I'm just abit worried about how to pull it all apart. I guess id have to raise the roof and prop it up while i remove the hinge.?

Back