Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scratch on media screen

Euge

Euge

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
gave the media screen a quick wipe just now, with what still looks like a clean cloth to me.
It’s left a scratch on the screen which looks like a 2 inch long grey hair :headbang
Anyone had a similar experience ?
Can it be touched in or repaired ?
I imagine a new screen is going to cost a packet.

I’ve have a two year old iPhone which I show absolutely no respect to. Gets thrown in my pocket with keys, change etc and has done since day one.
Does it have any scratches on the screen ?not a single one.

Am trying to remain calm, philosophical etc but have to say I’m pretty gutted.
Only had the van 3 months.

gave the media screen a quick wipe just now, with what still looks like a clean cloth to me.
It’s left a scratch on the screen which looks like a 2 inch long grey hair :headbang

I’ve have a two year old iPhone which I show absolutely no respect to. Gets thrown in my pocket with keys, change etc and has done since day one.

Is it a Touch Screen? If so cannot be repaired. If not it can be polished out but will remove any anti-glare finish.
Try rubbing on some Silicon grease or Soft Paraffin Wax or Vasaline and then polish with a clean lens cloth.

Is it a Touch Screen? If so cannot be repaired. If not it can be polished out but will remove any anti-glare finish.
Try rubbing on some Silicon grease or Soft Paraffin Wax or Vasaline and then polish with a clean lens cloth.

It’s a touchscreen WG.
I jut can’t work it out. I give it a light wipe with a micro fleece cloth every now and then and did nothing out of the ordinary this time round.
Can’t feel a scratch but it’s definitely left a mark.

I’ll be too frightened to go near the effing thing from now on.

I got a screen protector from amazon for mine, cheap and you don't even notice it.

Blimey, talk about kick a man when he’s down :thumb

Only joking Dale, I’ll put it on my Christmas list

The cover/protector looks like a good idea. Is the
Volkswagen Discover Pro (2016) in the amazon link above the same as the "Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen" on my options list? Regretably amazon/savvies don't show measurements

The cover/protector looks like a good idea. Is the
Volkswagen Discover Pro (2016) in the amazon link above the same as the "Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen" on my options list? Regretably amazon/savvies don't show measurements
To be honest I don't know, if you google VW 6.33 screen protector others will come up. If i can find the packet for mine I will let you know.

Just tried a couple of procedures I read about online, to help mask it a bit, not much joy.
Can’t feel any scratch to the touch which probably doesn’t help when applying material to try and fill it in, as there is nothing substantial to fill in. It’s almost as if the blemish is under the screen but is obviously not.
Maybe I should deepen it with a Stanley knife first :confused:
On second thoughts I think I’ll just give it a name and learn to live with it.
I have three kids so let’s face it, there will be a few more scratches, scuffs and general wear and tear in the coming years.
That’s the answer. Picture in my minds eye what the van will look like in another three years and then remember how it looks now. See, things have improved already.

My (much disliked) Nextbase dashcam unsuckered itself & left a deep scratch on mine - you get over it eventually, obvs until someone reminds you ;)

I used an ipad screen protector cut down to size with a paper guillotine. Works perfectly.

My (much disliked) Nextbase dashcam unsuckered itself & left a deep scratch on mine - you get over it eventually, obvs until someone reminds you ;)

:Iamsorry
Let’s face it, if our vans looked pristine after a year or so we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Back