Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scroll scroll scroll

johnyboy

johnyboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I hope this is taken in the constructive way it is meant...

There is an awful lot of real estate at the top of the site that means you find yourself constantly scolling.
I think it would make for a better experience if you reduced the header size, the whitespace between the banner ad and the forum ads, and the number of things you have pinned there.. I have a pretty good resolution and this is what greets me

Untitled.jpg

It's acres before I get to the bit I need - the forum

Think we need to count in that without those banners ....no sponsors....
no sponsors ....no forum.....
think you better stick to scrolling:D

Good point, but I would not want it changed too much. As pointed out above the notices can be dismissed once read. Overall I think the layout of this forum is quite attractive and classy; some forums and pages look so squashed up that they look like the classified ad section of the local free newspaper.

The problem these days I think is that most computer screens, particularly laptops, are like letterboxes and designed for watching movies on. Load up Microsoft Word or a similar program and the screen is taken up by toolbars and ribbons at the top and status bars etc at the bottom. I always try to move these to the side of the screen wherever possible.

I wish I could buy a new laptop with the same screen ratio as an A4 page. And one where the cursor doesn't jump to a different place on the page if I accidentally touch the track pad while typing! :mad:

AH the dismiss certainly helps!

As for "no sponsors no forum" I disagree as I also run a forum (now on the same software as I liked the functionality here) with no sponsors, no ads, no VIPs so its not impossible. #bethechange I'm using fairly standard CSS and it just gets to the action a bit faster (even though there is less action :D)

Anyway much happier with the dismiss tip so thanks :thumb

You can get monitors that mount in portrait instead of landscape - I'm thinking of having a pair like that.

Back